Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2014, 01:03 PM

Default Redemption is on hold...?

Im not sure if this is the right place to post...i've done a google search and can't seem to find anything.

Last night I bought a copy of pro tools 11 upgrade from 10 from the online avid store. I got the activation code, but I can't activate and download it says
"Redemption is on hold, please contact support"

Well I couldn't as support isn't open till the weekday, and I called the bank and they said the transaction had no hiccups so avid is getting their money. Is there something im doing wrong? Why do they put my redemption on hold?
Old 06-22-2014, 08:56 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: Redemption is on hold...?

I don't know why, maybe it is because there was a glitch in the system. On your account, I see 2 orders, both from today, both with the same activation code, but different order numbers.

I also checked to see if it was a browser issue, and got the same results as you with that activation code.

I would contact the store support using the link on the bottom left of the store page:
Order Support > Contact Us
Old 06-22-2014, 10:32 PM

That is weird. I got two different activation codes also two different order numbers. Each order number has its own different activation code for each purchase.

The only store support I see if a form I fill out. Is there a way to call them? I filled out the form last night and still no reply.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:14 PM
Admin Emeritus

It looks like this was resolved on Monday the 23rd. The license shows as installed on your iLok account, and the installer downloads are in your Avid account.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:07 PM

Hello. i have a very similar issue.

i go to my avid account -> Products Not Yet Downloaded -> download now-> enter activation code... then the same message: "This redemption is on hold. Please contact Customer Support."

In my case, I bought a cross grade from pt le to pt 10/11, the software appear on "Products Not Yet Downloaded" as i described before. i have the activation code, and that is it, i can't download the software. I Payed with credit card, on my bank the payment appear as correct.

Help Please !!!
Old 11-14-2014, 10:53 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo_82 View Post
Hello. i have a very similar issue.

i go to my avid account -> Products Not Yet Downloaded -> download now-> enter activation code... then the same message: "This redemption is on hold. Please contact Customer Support."

In my case, I bought a cross grade from pt le to pt 10/11, the software appear on "Products Not Yet Downloaded" as i described before. i have the activation code, and that is it, i can't download the software. I Payed with credit card, on my bank the payment appear as correct.

Help Please !!!
You should contact Support like the message said. Use the links at the bottom of the web store page:
http://avid.force.com/Support/cc_avid_ContactUs
Old 11-20-2014, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
You should contact Support like the message said. Use the links at the bottom of the web store page:
http://avid.force.com/Support/cc_avid_ContactUs
So i contacted support, they look into the thread and the answer was " Due to a technical issue with selected accounts on our store, your order has not been completed and all charges have been reversed.

Unfortunately, we do no have an estimated time resolution, so all further attempts will not go through. "

now i have my money back, but i cannot get pro tools !, off course they solved one part of the problem, but i desperate need this cross grade. so i wrote back explaining another thing, that i haven't explained here..., i have pt8 le but it wasn't registered on my avid account, so i went register my product, waiting for light at the end of the tunel, but nothing happened.

I want to try the purchase again. could it be possible ? would this solve my problem ?

Help please
Old 11-20-2014, 09:09 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo_82 View Post
So i contacted support, they look into the thread and the answer was " Due to a technical issue with selected accounts on our store, your order has not been completed and all charges have been reversed.

Unfortunately, we do no have an estimated time resolution, so all further attempts will not go through. "

now i have my money back, but i cannot get pro tools !, off course they solved one part of the problem, but i desperate need this cross grade. so i wrote back explaining another thing, that i haven't explained here..., i have pt8 le but it wasn't registered on my avid account, so i went register my product, waiting for light at the end of the tunel, but nothing happened.

I want to try the purchase again. could it be possible ? would this solve my problem ?

Help please
and
Quote:
In my case, I bought a cross grade from pt le to pt 10/11
There is no need to register Pro Tools LE software, the upgrade is based on having an eligible audio interface that came with Pro Tools LE software. See the following item on the Pro Tools Upgrade FAQ:

Q. I have Pro Tools LE. Can I move up to Pro Tools?
A. Yes. For a limited time, you can crossgrade to Pro Tools 11 for only $199 through 2014—that’s over 50% off the previous crossgrade pricing, and includes an upgrade/support plan for one year. To take advantage of this limited time offer, simply provide a hardware serial number (not your Pro Tools LE authorization code) for one of the following Avid audio interfaces at the time of purchase and activate your Pro Tools 11 software by December 31, 2014:
  • Mbox family (3rd generation)—Mbox Pro, Mbox, Mbox Mini
  • Eleven Rack
  • 003 family—003 Rack, 003 Rack+, 003 (control surface)
  • Mbox 2 family (2nd generation)—Mbox 2 Pro, Mbox 2, Mbox 2 Mini, Mbox 2 Micro
  • Digi 002 family—Digi 002 Rack, Digi 002 (control surface)
  • VENUE family—VENUE | SC48, VENUE FWx Option Card
Please note:
  • This crossgrade offer from Pro Tools LE to Pro Tools | Software will expire after December 31, 2014, so upgrade now!
  • Compatibility: The original Mbox (1st generation) and Digi 001 are not compatible with Pro Tools 9 and higher, and are not eligible for the Pro Tools LE to Pro Tools | Software crossgrade.
  • Compatibility: Please check Pro Tools 11 current release compatibility to ensure your system is compatible.
Do you have an eligible Avid audio interface, and do you have the serial number from the back or bottom of the hardware?
Old 11-21-2014, 12:52 PM

I do have a eligible avid audio interface (mbox 3 pro ) and i do have the serial number it came with the CD box of pro tools 8 LE.

what can i do ?, i really need the cross grade !. Do i try the purchase again ?

help please

Last edited by polo_82; 11-21-2014 at 12:53 PM. Reason: type error
Old 11-21-2014, 01:41 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default Redemption is on hold...?

I would try again, but you might want to try a different payment method if possible, in case that was the issue.

And again, the serial number is printed on the hardware, not the cd sleeve.

Last edited by Bruce Paine; 11-21-2014 at 01:43 PM. Reason: serial info