Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2010, 09:27 PM

Default OMP abort: Initializing libguide40.lib,

I tried to bounce to mp3 I got this message: "OMP abort: Initializing libguide40.lib, but found libguide.lib already initialized. This may cause performance degradation and correctness issues. Set environment variable KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK=TRUE to ignore this problem and force the program to continue anyway.

I then tried "right-click on the desktop icon: My computer.

choose: Advanced, then Environment Variables, then New

enter as name: KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK, enter as value: TRUE

exit with OK "

I have installed the mp3 option and purchased the mp3 thingy and correctly entered the authorization code... why the hell isnt this working??
This did not rectify the issue of
Old 09-13-2010, 04:13 PM

Default Re: OMP abort: Initializing libguide40.lib,

Anyone?????
Old 09-13-2010, 04:31 PM

The procedure that you tried should have fixed this issue.

This problem is usually caused by other software that has been installed. What other software do you have on this machine? Please try to list all of it, even non-music related software and include the version numbers.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 07-12-2011, 09:24 PM

Just came off this error after installing Amplitube3, Total Studio 2 and T-Racks 3 Deluxe from IK Multimedia. Used the recipe, problem fixed. Running Pro Tools 9.0.3 on W7/64. Seems to be a common problem with certain plugins. For Windows 7 users, click start, right click on 'computer', then click on 'properties', click on 'advanced system settings' on the left, then click on 'Enviornment Variables' (bottom box), click on 'new' in the upper frame. Type: KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK
in the next blank value box simply type: TRUE
Hit ok, ok again, until all boxes close. A VERY EASY FIX!! It works! System now again running like clockwork...
Old 07-12-2011, 11:00 PM

This error is caused when multiple Intel OpenMP libraries are linked in the same application. For example, if an application links the libiomp5md.dll from IPP 6.x, and at the same time, it also links other software, e.g a third-party library which links libguide40.dll, then the error arises because of the duplicate initialization of the OpenMP Runtime library.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 03-21-2012, 08:23 AM

I get this problem quite often. This may coincide with use of Izotope Ozone and/or Izotope Nectar. Anyone else?

But apparently doing that suggested thingie is safe? I'm not a tweakie so I'd like to know I'm not buying more problems down the road!

best,

Petter
Old 03-21-2012, 11:28 PM

OMP PROBLEM MAJOR NUISANCE!

On two different computers I get pro tools dropping dead mid session, mostly when I tried to bounce an mp3, but sometimes when I try to open a plug-in. The typical error message runs:

OMP Abort: Initializing libguide.lib but found libiomp5md.dll already initialized. This may cause performance degradation. Set environment variable KMP and so on ... BUT THERE'S ALSO A WARNING SAYING: Please note that the use of KMP DUPLICATE is unsupported and may cause undefined behavior.

Another variant is (on trying to open a plug)
Dll error. Can't load C:\Program files ... in this case it was the IK EQ1A from T-Racks The message goes on with OMP: warning ... cannot open 1035\libiomp5.dll and so on, and then the same suggestion 'bout KMP DUPLICATE

All the plugs discussed here are - as far as I can see - officially certified as compatible with Avid Pro Tools. The computer I use today is new and only has pro tools, Ozone, Nectar, and T-Racks installed, nothing else.

I am not a tweak. I prefer to never change a single parameter except when I'm told to do so by a reliable party. I do not want "undefined behavior". The line on Intel support pages seems to be that only one Libiomp should be open at a time, not several. So my question is:

IS IT THE OFFICIAL AVID LINE THAT THIS "KMP DUPLICATE" FIX SHOULD BE USED WHEN AUTHORIZED PLUGS CAUSE OMP ERRORS ... OR IS THERE SOME OTHER RECOMMENDED PROCEDURE FOR GETTING RID OF THE PROBLEM?

best,

Petter
Old 03-22-2012, 10:30 AM

This is not a Pro Tools issue, nor is it Avid's problem. It's a problem with the api that certain developers have chosen to use with their products and the specific platform that you are operating on. In two of the above threads there have been instructions on how to solve this problem. I know of no one where applying this environment variable has caused more problems than it solved.

So, one more time.

My Computer > Properties > Advanced tab > Environment Variables button

Under the System Variables section click the New button and enter the following.
Variable name: KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK
Variable value: True

Click OK.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 03-23-2012, 04:58 AM

[QUOTE=Top Jimmy;1914815]This is not a Pro Tools issue, nor is it Avid's problem. ............. I know of no one where applying this environment variable has caused more problems than it solved.
QUOTE]

Thanks for your time. Seems to me that since Avid have authorized a given set of plugs that cause a specific problem if used with their product, they might well have a view on how users should best respond to the issue.

Anyway, thanks for the advice, Jimmy.

best,

Petter
Old 03-27-2012, 03:40 AM

Okay, I did that fix yesterday as you suggested, Jimmy. And today I'm having problems with all my plugs, including the simplest digidesign EQ. I'm not sure my problems are related to the fix, but I'd like to try resetting that value to make sure. Do you know how to do that? Is it simply a question of entering the same command and then giving as value "NOT TRUE"?

EDIT: It is easy to undo the fix in the same dialog that Jimmy mentioned. The problem I had was not related to this fix, though, or so it seems. Safe fix as far as I can say, and thanks for spelling the procedure out clearly, Jimmy!

best,

Petter