Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 06-22-2003, 01:09 PM

Default Just got Pro Tools LE 5.3.3 - have a few questions regarding M-Box for PC

Hi, I just got the M-box 3 days ago; I'm lovin' it so far, but I have a few (maybe obvious) questions:

1. When I turn on the phantom power on the m-box, pro tools freezes and the m-box turns off. Has this happened to anyone? Should I exchange my m-box for another one?

2. I use Reason 2.5 and I want to incorporate live instruments into it using Pro Tools; Since
Pro Tools doesn't support rewire, what is the best way of bringing Reason into Pro Tools?(for PC)

3. I'm assuming I'll be able to upgrade my LE to a newer version when it comes out. How is this done?

4. Is there any way to use my DX and VST plugins in Pro Tools?

5. It kinda pisses me off that there are no dB markings in the Wave view of Pro Tools and in the compressers and limiters. Are there any advantages to this?

6. How do I make the click track work if my only synth is Reason?

I've never used Pro Tools before, so some of these questions will seem obvious to you guys [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2003, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Just got Pro Tools LE 5.3.3 - have a few questions regarding M-Box for PC

1. This isn't normal. The won't effect anything except phantom.
Are you going through USB Hub or any indirect way?
If not troubleshoot with your dealer or replace the unit.

Pro Tools 6.1!
PT6.1 include ReWire! and...a Click plugin (RTAS) like the Mac.

You're entitled for a free upgrade for 90days from your purchase by registering with Digidesign.

I didn't understand the dB question. Most plugins and Mix Window include anything you need. which is a VU meter and decimal values.

Keep inmind each software use different "digital-mixing" engine so Cubase & PT works different and would give different results.
Old 06-26-2003, 12:56 AM

Default Re: Just got Pro Tools LE 5.3.3 - have a few questions regarding M-Box for PC

and no you can't use vst or dx plugs.
For your phantom power problem i suggest you to buy an active usb hub: your computer probably provide to few power (I know it's wierd but it happends)