Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 05-28-2017, 07:38 PM

Default Midi cc learn plugins 12 HD

Hi

How do you do midi cc learn on Protools HD. It used to be simply right click on parameter in plugin then select midi learn then send midi to assign. or Ctrl click now neither work.

Has it changed
Old 05-28-2017, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Midi cc learn plugins 12 HD

Is there a way to also get your controller to focus on what ever appplet is open or brought forward so that controller can be used to map several instances of a plugin without moving all mapped plugins but rather just the instance that is in focus or brought forward.

Kind regards
Old 05-29-2017, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawili_Sound View Post
Hi

How do you do midi cc learn on Protools HD. It used to be simply right click on parameter in plugin then select midi learn then send midi to assign. or Ctrl click now neither work.

Has it changed
What plugins are you asking about? Avid supplied ones I don't know about but as to third party ones that depends on the developer and how MIDI learn was implemented.
Quote:
Is there a way to also get your controller to focus on what ever appplet is open or brought forward so that controller can be used to map several instances of a plugin without moving all mapped plugins but rather just the instance that is in focus or brought forward.

Kind regards
You're talking about several instances of the same plugin on different tracks right? If so make sure that no more than one track at a time (the one you want to work on) is selected.

QAPLA!
Old 05-29-2017, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
What plugins are you asking about? Avid supplied ones I don't know about but as to third party ones that depends on the developer and how MIDI learn was implemented.

You're talking about several instances of the same plugin on different tracks right? If so make sure that no more than one track at a time (the one you want to work on) is selected.
Right ok cool. So some plugins you cant do midi cc learn on. I want to get waves api 560 on my axiom 49 keyboard working. I have looked at videos and read some threads but there is nothing really on 12 HD. Has it changed? Thanks Musicman.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Right ok cool. So some plugins you cant do midi cc learn on. I want to get waves api 560 on my axiom 49 keyboard working. I have looked at videos and read some threads but there is nothing really on 12 HD. Has it changed? Thanks Musicman.
Nothings changed; it's up to each plugin developer on whether you can do MIDI learn and how that happens. I've yet to see any kind of MIDI learn for any Waves plugins. I just looked at the 560 manual and there is no MIDI learn. This is not to say you can't automate the controls but that has to be done through automation lanes in PT using PT's automation system. For that - RTFM.

QAPLA!