Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2012, 11:04 AM

Default 9.0.6 still didn't completely fix the Import Audio search field bug

Anyone else have this problem? 9.0.5 had a bug that prevented the user from typing "p", "s", or space bar into the search field in the "Import Audio" window. 9.0.6 fixed the "p" and "s" problem, but not the space bar (at least that's how it is on my OS 10.6.8 rig). If someone from the PT team is monitoring this, will you please relay this to whoever needs to know? This is a really irritating problem for those of us who use PT extensively for sound design - it's definitely easier with "s" and "p" back, but we want the space bar back too!
Old 01-06-2012, 03:53 PM

Default Re: 9.0.6 still didn't completely fix the Import Audio search field bug

Yes, I have this issue on 9.0.5. The one thing I was really hoping would be fixed in 9.0.6. That's a huge bummer.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:59 PM

Never noticed it before (as I rarely use that dialog window), but I have the problem on my end.

tg
Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.6.5 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Kontrol S61 mk3 / Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 7 / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection X
Old 01-22-2012, 10:14 PM

Unfortunately 9.0.6 didn't fix the problem but the Workspace Browser works fine with S, P and the space bar and is a far more powerful way to import audio.

For example if you are searching for a loop to import into a track you can actually audition the loop while listening to the track and if you click the metronome icon at the top of the browser it will even tempo match the audition (and subsequent import) to match the session. Also allows you to just drag and drop to either the region list, an existing track or into free space to add a new track

Not a fix I know but hopefully useful