Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 09-13-2004, 08:01 AM

Default Serato - Pitch N Time (Quick Question)

Hey guys -

I've been checking previous posts listed and the final answer hasn't been given yet -

Just curious if the DEMO version of Serato's PnT is supposed to produce a "flangey" sound on purpose - I'm thinking yes - Cause this isn't the final (bought) version - In my case, this happens when 8 tracks of drums are highlighted even in preview mode - A "swoosh" sound is created (I've tried all the multi / mono functions already) - If you move the BPM only 1 less or 1 more the sound becomes even more noticeable - Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks...
Old 09-18-2004, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Serato - Pitch N Time (Quick Question)

I never had that problem with the demo.

My only problem is I love the plug, but can't afford it!

Are you using it as an actual plug-in or using it to audiosuite files?
Waves Platinum
NI Komplete 8
API 512c, LA 610
Some Mics, Some guitars
Some Songs
Old 09-18-2004, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Hey guys -

I've been checking previous posts listed and the final answer hasn't been given yet -

Just curious if the DEMO version of Serato's PnT is supposed to produce a "flangey" sound on purpose - I'm thinking yes - Cause this isn't the final (bought) version - In my case, this happens when 8 tracks of drums are highlighted even in preview mode - A "swoosh" sound is created (I've tried all the multi / mono functions already) - If you move the BPM only 1 less or 1 more the sound becomes even more noticeable - Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks...
hey there, I haven't used serato pitch and time, but I use the waves time compression plug, and when pushed hard enough, it does the same thing. It's very difficult to get a bass line or hi hats to speed up while keeping the same pitch, imagine trying to squish the waveform while keeping the frequency the same- you're bound to have some artifacts. I've noticed that the most I can push my stereo tracks with the waves plug is 4-5 BPM (about 4 percent at the BPM's I use- around 80). Forget Digis time compression plugin- even pushing it 1 BPM sounds like your underwater.

p.s. sorry not to answer your original question but I thought this might help.
Old 09-19-2004, 07:41 AM

Pitch n Time is truly amazing, and worth every penny ( or Cent for you Yanks !) -
Best way to use it I suggest, is not to try to process 8 tracks in one pass, but to always work either on a single file, or a stereo mix.
So, with your drums, bounce to a stereo track, and try processing that. Don't know about the Demo though -check with Serato !
I use PnT loads, for either small adjustments to loops , or even to lengthen a solo piano piece -it is truly amazing, as you cannot tell that any Time processing has been applied; however, stupid amounts may give some artefacts. For sensible adjustments, it's got to be one of the best, expensive, but it's paid for itself many times !!!
003 & Midas Venice desk
Mindprint DTC
Soundelux U99
Drawmer M-Clock