Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2002, 01:56 PM

Default weird MBOX fluke 3 times now.

So i just got a MBox to use in conjuction with my digi001. Everythings been great so far. I got it friday along with a new 700Mhz ibook, in an hour i had the ibook up and running and successfuly transfered my digi001 files (Via firewire)to the ibook, open the sessions and evrythings great. In case your wondering how performance was, i can get 24 tracks and at least 8 plugins before i start to notice any system fatigue. (brand new ibook with nothing installed except protols and maxed out just for protools). I'm one happy consumer when i notice something a little weird. When i start the computer with the mbox pluged in, i open a PT session and hit play, i get a crackling sound and no distinguishable audio. So i disconnect and then re-connect the mbox USB and the problems gone. What up digi? Am i doing something wrong please help, not a big problem but I thought i'd post it. BTW I love my Mbox
Certified Protools6.x Post-Production Operator
Old 08-11-2002, 02:33 PM

Default Re: weird MBOX fluke 3 times now.

I love my mbox too! I am pretty sure that your problem is an easy one to fix... I believe that all you have to do is upgrade the firmware o nthe mbox and presto no more problem. http://www.digidesign.com/downloads/mbox.html

Hope that fixes it for you good luck [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

-Vito
Old 08-11-2002, 10:01 PM

I have the same problem. Firmware is updated and so is the updated USB extension that Digi posted on their site. The problem is always resolved by quitting Pro Tools, disconnecting the Mbox from the USB port, reconnecting and relaunching. Quite a cork! I've found that if you start the computer with the Mbox disconnected and then you connect it when the finder is fully loaded, then the problem does not manifest nearly as often. Any word from DIGI? Thanks,
http://www.compressionrecords.com
Old 08-11-2002, 10:52 PM

That's just the way it is for ibook users until digi solves this problem.
Just like Marco says-
1. Start cpu
2. Plug in Mbox ( I find usb port 2 works better)
3. Open PT
Maybe when we get 32 tracks we'll also get better usb drivers.
Old 08-12-2002, 05:23 AM

Quote:
When i start the computer with the mbox pluged in, i open a PT session and hit play, i get a crackling sound and no distinguishable audio. So i disconnect and then re-connect the mbox USB and the problems gone. What up digi?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Man, Digi's been aware of this since March...it took two minutes to find these in the DUC search...

http://duc.digidesign.com/cgi-bin/ub...;f=24;t=010464

http://duc.digidesign.com/cgi-bin/ub...;f=24;t=010438

http://duc.digidesign.com/cgi-bin/ub...;f=24;t=010567

This issue is beginning to remind me of "where's the 001 firewire & why is there no Pro Tools OSX?"...