Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 06-20-2013, 09:48 AM

Default Amplitube Slash and Jimi Hendrix on sale

Ik Multimedia is running a promo this summer where every two weeks there's a new special.

The current one is Slash and Jimi Hendrix Anniversary collections for 50% off. This is also reflected in the credits price, for those who have some credits built up.

Just thought I'd mention it for Amplitube fans. I'll probably grab these myself at these prices. I've heard great things about the Slash stuff particularly.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:57 AM

Default Re: Amplitube Slash and Jimi Hendrix on sale

Don't waste your time and Money. IF you need a software plugin, get Eleven from Ebay for less than $50. Amplitube is significantly less advanced modeling than the ELeven. In a mix mostly everything can be made to sound close but Eleven as a plugin is the most realistic software amp plugin. My experience with all software plugins if compared to ELEVEN, they all seem two dimontional, literally. With Eleven you can hear and feel the sound occupying thicker space around the studio speakers, every other software I've tried seem tiny and lack the finger responsiveness found in ELeven...
Old 06-20-2013, 03:14 PM

Thank you for your opinion, but many of us on this forum would disagree, as we own Amplitube products, as well as Guitar Rig, Pod Farm and others, and find them all very useful. We own the Eleven plugin as well.

And Amplitube products have improved greatly in the last couple of years, especially their officially licensed stuff. You may want to check them out again if it's been a while.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
Thank you for your opinion,..... You may want to check them out again if it's been a while.
It's just a personal opinion. I did try the Slash AFD and JCM using studio monitors for a few hours. I did get decent sounds but compared to POD HD and ELEVEN, Amplitube still sounded like older generation modeling, the major lack is in finger responsiveness. But I've heard some tracks that were recorded using Amplitube that did sound amazing, so it's very possible that I might be missing a trick or secret recipes..
Old 06-26-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
And Amplitube products have improved greatly in the last couple of years, especially their officially licensed stuff. You may want to check them out again if it's been a while.
Holly Crap! I stand corrected!! I just tried the JCM Slash AFD from Amplitube. I have to admit, recorded it sound on the same level as the ELVEN! The finger responsiveness is the only thing that the ELeven Edges it. Wow. any more improvement and Amplitube will leave everything in the dust!
Old 06-26-2013, 07:15 PM

If you want it AudioDeluxe.com has is it for $32.99-

I really like their Powerball emulation, check it out in the free Amplitube Custom Shop download.

I just bought FXpansion Tremor from AudioDeluxe for $99, the license only took about 12 hours to come through, about the same as the Synth Squad license. They seem to be a reliable place to buy from.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-26-2013, 07:34 PM

Thanks for the tip, I certainly will be buying it. AudioDeluxe seem to have it cheaper so I'll get it from them!
Old 06-26-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
Thanks for the tip, I certainly will be buying it. AudioDeluxe seem to have it cheaper so I'll get it from them!
Yeah they are great for many thing, especially if you don't mind not having a boxed version. Just a tip, supposedly they are having a huge one day sale one stuff from Waves, I just got the email an hour ago.

They have been great for me, sometimes they will have huge limited time discounts, I bought Synth Squad from them for $99 and every where else it was $249! I think their price went back up to $199 now though.

I'm not shilling for them or anything, I buy from them, and I really like their prices. Even poor people need plugins! Thanks AudioDeluxe

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-26-2013, 09:44 PM

As Benoni mentioned, check out the Engl Powerball emulation (called "German Gain"). That thing is incredible.

Also, try the Soldano. It sounds a little different from the Eleven version, but very useful. I find it works well when double tracking, to use the Eleven version on one side and the Amplitube version on the other. It's like you're using the same amp on both sides, but with enough subtle differences to give a nice wide sound.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:05 PM

Do people really consider "touch response" audio? I'm not being sarcastic or looking for a lengthy reply, just asking in general.

That said: I, too, find the IK products to be very useful and have really improved over the years. Their customer service has also been exceptional, IME. Tools or toys, it's great to have options. I had been putting off picking up the Slash collection and now have it. Thanks for the opportunity at savings IK and to the OP for spreading the word.

BTW...German Gain frickin' kills for saturated bliss.