Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 12-06-2014, 12:00 PM

Default Pro Tools 11 not working with any interface..

Hello, and I am new to Pro Tools, but i have recently got Fast track duo, Pro tools 11 and express. Express works with my interface. but my Pro tools 11 only work with my built in computer speakers. i have tried numerous things to get it to work but no luck. another issue with Pro tools express is, when it first starts up there is a LONG list of plug-ins that are not authorized? it asks me if i want them moved to an unused folder. i need them to work for school and i need my Pro Tools 11 to work as well.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 not working with any interface..

Did you install the correct device drivers for your interface and OS version and Pro Tools 11? EDIT: OK so it's a class compliant device so no driver needed, but make sure you have the latest frmware. http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ck-duo-drivers.

Hold down the 'N' key while starting Pro Tools and keep it held down until the playback engine dialog appears and select the correct playback engine.

This is *basic* stuff, if you having problems with this then you'll likely have a lot of other problems, time to open the Pro Tools Reference Guide and do some reading.

You hopefully don't have both Express and Pro Tools 11 installed on the same computer do you? If so uh bad idea, and you'll eventually want to try uninstalling both and just installing Pro Tools 11. Or failing that I roll back to a past backup, unisntall Express and then install Pro Tools 11 or do a full clean OS X install.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:15 PM

Yeah, same computer. I wasn't sure what I was Needed to do that's why I did them both. I wasn't sure if i could only Use the interface with Express but I'm new to Pro tools.
Mountain Lion
Pro Tools 11 and Pro Tools Express
Presonus Audiobox USB and FastTrack Duo
Old 12-06-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJay View Post
Yeah, same computer. I wasn't sure what I was Needed to do that's why I did them both. I wasn't sure if i could only Use the interface with Express but I'm new to Pro tools.
What do you mean "did them both?". Did what?
Old 12-06-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
What do you mean "did them both?". Did what?
Installed both

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-06-2014, 01:27 PM

Oh well that eventually may suck...
Old 12-06-2014, 03:19 PM

sorry for the confusion, was on my phone. Well i got it working now. Another issue is i can't seem to find me Native Instruments Effects and what not. i can see where my instruments are and they work but i only have a few like Maschine, Battery, FM8 and Kontact. thats it. i don't see any of my compressors or EQ, any help with this?
Mountain Lion
Pro Tools 11 and Pro Tools Express
Presonus Audiobox USB and FastTrack Duo
Old 12-06-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJay View Post
sorry for the confusion, was on my phone. Well i got it working now. Another issue is i can't seem to find me Native Instruments Effects and what not. i can see where my instruments are and they work but i only have a few like Maschine, Battery, FM8 and Kontact. thats it. i don't see any of my compressors or EQ, any help with this?
Hi again

As of PT11 all the plugins are in a new format - AAX64 bit so you need to go to the developers websites of your plugins and download the correct versions that works with PT11

All the Native Instruments works but need to be updated to AAX64 bit.

Dont know what other plugins you have but visit their respective websites and update them.

Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————