Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2003, 09:32 AM

Default Disk Allocation Problem -- PT Session can have two disk allocations??

OK, here's what happened.

Copied an entire session (the session, the audio folder, the fade folder) into a new folder on my audio drive.
Used that new session to make stems. Once the stems were made, I deleted the unused regions from the session.
To my horror, the audio is now deleted from the original audio folder, AND the copied audio folder.
How did this happen?
When you copy an audio folder, shouldn't all the audio files copy over? And can a PT session have two disk allocations, and therefore delete the files from both folders.
Thankfully the song will be easy to redo, and much of it can be cut from the stems, but I'd love a lesson on this from those in the know.
Regards,
Tom.
Old 06-24-2003, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Disk Allocation Problem -- PT Session can have two disk allocations??

Tommy -

PT can have as many disk allocations as you have tracks. Whenever you create a new session (or copy one), you should check your disk allocation to see that all your files are being recorded in the location you desire. You will see in the Disk Allocation dialog window that for every PT track you have in your session, there is a corresponding allocation line which shows where any audio file recorded to that track will be written on your HD.

Hope that helps ya,
Old 06-24-2003, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Disk Allocation Problem -- PT Session can have two disk allocations??

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times... never copy sessions using the Finder... use the File menu option Save Session Copy In... and check to copy audio files.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 06-26-2003, 07:22 AM

Thank you.
It still makes no sense to me why the duplicated audio files disappeared, too... but lesson learned.
I'll def. always use that Save Copy In command from now on until eternity.
Then again, with hard drives now being so cheap I might never delete unused regions ever again.
Tom.