Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 02-06-2023, 01:56 AM

Default Re: Plugins compatible with Apple Silicon natively

Quote:
Anyone heard from Audioease? Hate to hear nothing on Altiverb — if only to open older sessions.
In our searchable Apple Silicon database, we report an update from Audio Ease, posted on December 15th 2022, that says...
Quote:
The latest BarbaBatch, Snapper and Make a Test Tone are all universal applications, including native support for Apple silicon.
Altiverb 7, Indoor, Speakerphone 2 and 360pan suite 3 work fine using Rosetta 2 on the Apple silicon machines. The performance is great.
We are currently working on adding native silicon support to all plug-ins, to ensure future compatibility and to take full advantage of the speed of this new processor range.
As soon we have more news on this we will share it.
You can also find this statement on the Altiverb 7 pages of the Audio Ease website in the FAQ section.
Old 02-06-2023, 05:32 PM

Klevgrand just updated a bunch of their stuff today, not all, but quite a few.
Old 02-06-2023, 08:42 PM

Slate Digital app has updates that support AAX Silicon. I checked them in a session in Native, and they DO seem to work.

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro
Old 02-07-2023, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Thornton View Post
In our searchable Apple Silicon database, we report an update from Audio Ease, posted on December 15th 2022, that says...

You can also find this statement on the Altiverb 7 pages of the Audio Ease website in the FAQ section.

Yeah, well Audioease told me and I have emails from them that they were working on "exciting news they could not share" about upcoming releases. That was well over a year ago.
Here are a few from 2021:
On Sep 6, 2021, at 12:49 AM, Audio Ease Support wrote:

Hi Gregory,

We have found ways to process 7.0.2 IR sets for a substanial part of the IR catalog, which I think really great. Still there's a lot of work to do on UI design for the new Altiverb and completing all the new IR sets while maintaining compatibility with the current version....
In other works loads of work and I do not know what/when yet.
But thanks for asking. :)

Best regards,

Aram Verwoest
Audio Ease support
[email protected]

Follow us and stay up to date:
fb/AudioEase
insta/audioease

On Sun, Sep 5, 2021 at 2:05 AM Gregory Ives wrote:
Hey, So thought I’d circle back and see what is the latest that we discussed in March? Long time user of many of your products. Since 2004 I think..

Cheers, G

On Mar 8, 2021, at 1:14 AM, Audio Ease Support wrote:

Hi Gregory,

Thanks for reaching out.
We're good. Working on something really great, nearing the end of that process. Exciting, but I cannot share anything yet. Once that is out, we will focus on getting Altiverb (and Speakerphone) ready for another decade, including indeed proper Atmos support. We are happy with Indoor. New locations for Indoor will be added too, as soon as we can travel again. Snapper 3 is out for while and we are close with a native apple silicon version, which is nice too I think.
I like the depth added by the ceiling speakers in the reverb and we are getting ready to re-process our entire catalog of IR recordings to squeeze out good atmos IRs and I am looking much forward to the listening sessions (although, yes, it also will be a lot work).

Best regards,

Aram Verwoest
Audio Ease support
[email protected]

G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 02-07-2023, 09:41 AM

I got this reply from applied-acoustics (AAS, Chromaphone, StringStudio etc):

Quote:
All our products now have native AAX support on Apple Silicon (M1-, M2-series) computers.

The updates have been officially released but we are still not
announcing it on our website because Avid is still in beta.
Old 02-07-2023, 10:56 AM

I'm getting notifications of plugins going Native about once a day on average. Several days may pass with nothing, then boom there's four at once. Some companies continue to focus on new products, without addressing Silicon, which makes me a little nervous.
Old 02-07-2023, 03:09 PM

These manufacturers are yet to release a single AAX Apple silicon plugin:

Antares
Arturia
Boz
Cableguys
Denise
iZotope (stutter 2 doesn't count!)
Kush
Lexicon
Plugin Alliance
SSL
XLN Audio

Last edited by Burbree; 02-08-2023 at 07:59 AM.
Old 02-07-2023, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burbree View Post
These manufacturers are yet to release a single AAX Apple silicon plugin:

AIR
Antares
Arturia
Boz
Cableguys
Denise
iZotope (stutter 2 doesn't count!)
Kush
Lexicon
Plugin Alliance
SSL
XLN Audio
Those are big hitters. I'm not feeling good about these particular delays, with the exception of Kush (because Greg suffered from a physical trauma, not because he's lax about it). Lexicon promises to be working on it, the same message they've had for several *years* with regard to a previous but necessary update. I just downloaded updates for all of Arturia's updates last week but it didn't include AAX Silicon. And I don't know what Native Instruments is doing. Only a couple in my Komplete Ultimate bundle are Native.
Old 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM

Lexicon will probably be 2030 or they'll collapse before it ever shows.
For a company that used to be really on top of it, they completely fell down for many years now on keeping their plugins maintained.

Have little faith they have even started porting.
Old 02-07-2023, 08:59 PM

Lexigone. Will lose zero sleep about them.

Feeling good with Eventide coverage, hopefully we'll see Toontrack with stuff out soon, they had talked about having native support 1-2 months into this year.

Would like to see Softube get a move on. I put off buying some of their stuff recently. If they have communicated anything I've missed it. Anybody heard anything recently?

Air may remain one of the sadder ones to me. If they can't make it/don't have technical resources I'd hope they find an exit to another company. (I know which company I'd want to buy them/buy out the technology (and maybe free themselves from Avid)).

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 02-08-2023 at 11:08 AM.