Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2022, 04:45 PM

Default Comping Multitracks - Tips?

Hi folks,

I do a lot of multichannel orchestral pop and film work and have been using a source-destination 4point approach using playlists for years. Only recently I have started to look at using the comping feature but am a little stuck and wondered if anyone had some tips.

If I have say 5 takes of the same work recorded across 30 tracks, laid out over individual playlists then I change to "Playlist" track view mode I can then see all playlists. Selecting a time region then moving the selection to the target track it works as expected. However, if I move one of the children regions left or right in its playlist track, some of the members of the group will move the selected track to the target whilst others will not.

Is this a mode I am in or is there some approach of grouping etc that I am using that is borking this?