Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 07-16-2021, 12:51 PM

Default Issue installing First

I downloaded First and am trying to install it. I have previously taken the first two coursed in the PT course sequence at a local JuCo. For those classes we were allowed to use PT Ultimate with school supplied licenses. Alas... the classes are over and the licenses no longer active. When trying to install First the install searches for plug-ins. It finds the plug-ins that I had installed, and since there are no active licenses the install hangs. What do I need to do to get around this? Buy an I-Lok? Delete the plug-ins? Any ideas.

Thanks, Mike
Old 07-17-2021, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Issue installing First

Move the plugins to another folder or delete them. PT First only works with a select set of plugins that either come with it or are purchased through the Avid store and are able to run in PTF.

System Details