Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 08-16-2022, 07:09 PM

Default 2022.7.0 stucked at plugins loading

Hello, I just moved to a M1 machine and updated to this 2022.7.0 version, I'm getting stuck in the plugin loading when it tries to load the Brainworx "bx_panEQ". I have already delete it from the Plugin Folder and it still asks for it. I have already uninstall and reinstall Pro Tools and it is still happening. Any help will be much appreciated!
Old 08-16-2022, 07:50 PM

Default Re: 2022.7.0 stucked at plugins loading

Quote:
Originally Posted by raularellano View Post
Hello, I just moved to a M1 machine and updated to this 2022.7.0 version, I'm getting stuck in the plugin loading when it tries to load the Brainworx "bx_panEQ". I have already delete it from the Plugin Folder and it still asks for it. I have already uninstall and reinstall Pro Tools and it is still happening. Any help will be much appreciated!
Hi. Welcome to the forum.
There are some plugins that work on mac intel processors, but not on M1 macs. So you must isolate the problematic plugin(s).

Pull out all plugins from the plugin folder and put them in 'Unused'. Launch PT. PT will reinstall all the basic avid plugins. That's just how it works. It should load fine.

Then, I suggest, after quitting PT, you put one half, or one third of the plugins back and try and launch PT again. (You might see "Some of the files already exists…" and that's the avid plugs. You can safely just click 'Replace'.) Repeat until you find the plugin that causes the problem. You can use labels to keep track of what plugins are tested and OK.

The fact that you see BX_panEQ on the splash screen doesn't mean it's causing the problem, in fact it likely means bx_panEQ just successfully loaded, and the next plugin alphabetically is causing the crash.

I know I had problems with Black Rooster and IK Modo Drums, among others, when I went to Apple silicon.
Old 08-17-2022, 12:06 PM

Default Re: 2022.7.0 stucked at plugins loading

After you move the problematic plug-in from the plug-ins folder, try starting PT while holding down the N key. This usually re-scans the plug-ins and will ultimately prompt you to choose your playback engine again. If that doesn't work, you may want to trash your preferences. There is an article on the Sweetwater site for how to do that.

Trash Your Preferences

System Details