Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 06-03-2021, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Aggregate I/O

First off, I would love to thank everyone, to me, a new comer, for all of everyone's input and TLC. I have fixed my problem. It was an I/O setup mis-understanding on my behalf.

I did not realize that creating a new I/O path would enable me to choose from a mono or stereo source or output, on behalf anything on the Playback Engine. I thought that paths would automatically be made for each part of the Playback Engine, in my case the Aggregate I/O, and then new paths were to be created on already, recognized inputs and outputs of the Playback Engine, which would be already made as default paths for that session. I overlooked this and assumed that any parts of the Playback Engine not already pathed were not available.

By creating a new mono or stereo path, it allows you to choose the source or output on behalf of anything of the assigned Playback Engine! They are not automatically created, as obvious why you can create new I/O paths, and I do believe that they are specific to each session. I believe when you create a new session it uses the I/O configuration of the previous session. This may be why sometimes I saw the SSL 2, MacBook Pro Mic & Stereo I/O different each time I made or opened a new session or template.

Im still learning, and from what I understand an Aggregate is a way to setup multiple devices in the same Playback Engine, in our case, Pro Tools.

Cheers!

Raymond
Pro Tools | First
Pro Tools 2021.3.1
MacBook Pro M1
16GB Unified Memory
512GB SSD
SSL 2 USB Interface
Eleven | Rack
Old 06-04-2021, 02:21 AM

That's great, Raymond.
Sounds like you cleared at least one hurdle on your way.
Tip 1: try to keep things simple. Don't over-think things.
Tip 2: A simple but very useful procedure we all do from time to time is to reset i/O settings; go thru all tabs in I/O settings, and on each of them select all, delete and click "Default".
Old 06-04-2021, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raypiasecki View Post

Im still learning, and from what I understand an Aggregate is a way to setup multiple devices in the same Playback Engine, in our case, Pro Tools.
You haven't answered the question put to you a couple of times: why do you need to use an aggregate audio setup? Especially when one of the parts is your laptop speakers.

QAPLA!