Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 06-18-2022, 06:48 AM

Default Reinstatement for Pro Tools 12 Student perpetual (expired)

Hi everyone, first post on the forum!

I'm actually interested to update my perpetual PT 12 Student license that have expired in 2017 to the current version of Pro Tools with the promo, the "Avid Pro Tools Studio Perpetual License Upgrade (Reinstates Updates and Support for 1 Year)". Will it be possible to update if i buy the reinstatement ? In my Avid account i don't have the possibility to update. I ask to Thomann and they told me that it's not possible although a member that was in the same case here tell us that it was possible. Can someone in Avid can give us the good informations for those of us that have Student license, are not student anymore and want to update after expiration plan? Here is the link for the other member case https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=418766
Thanks in advance
Old 06-23-2022, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Reinstatement for Pro Tools 12 Student perpetual (expired)

I have the same question and opened a case with the Avid support. They seem however to constantly misinterpret my question. Once I (fingers crossed) get an answer, I will let you know.
Old 06-23-2022, 02:10 PM

Just got an answer

"Please be informed that since the availability for your reinstatement of perpetual license is in a regular price, your Pro Tools will be converted to the regular version as well. You may double check it as well with our authorized reseller. "

I would still prefer a simple: "Yes, your expired perpetual edu version ist eligible for a regular reinstatement" but I think, we'll just have to have a little bit of faith.
Old 06-23-2022, 11:45 PM

Thanks Darius361,
that response doesn't really answer our simple question. It seems like Avid don't want our money. Since i'm not sure about our case (and i contact them also but no reply), i will just give up and stick with my current version
Old 06-24-2022, 05:41 AM

Ha, to make matters worse, I‘ve now got an answer from Thomann (the reseller) that they think it is not possible.

So we are back at Square 1.

So it would be great if someone Avid-related could chime in.
Old 06-27-2022, 09:41 AM

I now have a positive answer from another reseller.
I roughly translate from german:

"Yes, it works. The reinstatement is looking for an upgradeable PT licence (perpetual, higher 9) on your Ilok Account. It does not care wether its EDU or not.

So after both Avid and a reseller (who hast been in contact with Avid before answering) gave their thumbs up, I feel safe enough to buy the reinstatemt.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-27-2022, 10:35 AM

Thanks Darius361,
Who is that another reseller? Do you buy it and try it? Tell us how it turns out for you please.
Old 06-28-2022, 09:55 AM

Hey there. I bought it via https://www.da-x.de

I didn't plan to redeem the code right away, since I don't need PT at the moment and didn't want to waste time in the update plan.
Old 06-28-2022, 06:43 PM

Hi,
For anyone in the same case, i've bought it and do the upgrade without any issues: surprisingly after reading many times poeple having issues, for me registering my code, doing the upgrade and downloading my new Pro Tools Studio version was effortless easy and quick. You rock Avid for this process! Now i really hope that this new version will be as stable or even better than PT12 that i was already happy with. So the Dariu361 reseller reply was true "Yes, it works. The reinstatement is looking for an upgradeable PT licence (perpetual, higher 9) on your Ilok Account. It does not care wether its EDU or not." and Thomann's one is wrong. Get the reinstate and upgrade your student perpetual license. Thanks again very much Darius361 for your reply.
Cheers everyone!