Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 05-21-2009, 12:05 PM

Default Higher channel count on Mixrack

I saw a little bit about the new 2.81 software on the Webinar a few moments ago and it brings to mind one question. Will the addition of the 24 extra channels to the D show 2.81 software allow for returns of selected channels from 1-48 from a connected HD2 Protools system? Thanks in advance.

Regards

Roland
Old 05-21-2009, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Higher channel count on Mixrack

It's probably a question for Robert Scovill or Sheldon, but knowing how most of the console line works I would say if you're using the HDx Assignable inputs into the extra sixteen processing inputs you should be okay.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:36 PM
Avid

Hi Roland,

The additional sixteen input channels (no 64, up from 48), can be patched to any input source, including any of the sixteen HDx assignable inputs. HDx inputs 1-48 are always hard-wired to replace Stage inputs 1-48, and can't be individually selected.

Sheldon
Old 05-22-2009, 12:44 AM

Hi emluper, I should have stated in the first message that it was a question for Sheldon or Robert, my bad.

Thanks for the reply Sheldon, I can think of a couple of places where this will be really useful, particularly if using the system for a rehearsal room tracking session (I'm thinking monitor feed stems, etc).

Regards

Roland