Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 09:09 AM

Default increase or reduce h/w buffer size

hello everybody!

when i'm recording or mixing or whatever with my protools le (i've got a ibook g4,mac osx 10.3.9, cpu 1.07ghz, 768 mb ram, 30gb hard drive and mbox) the system says:

THE OPERATING SYSTEM HELD OFF INTERRUPS FOR TOO LONG. IF THIS OCCURS OFTEN, TRY INCREASING THE H/W BUFFER SIZE IN THE PLAYBACK ENGINE DIALOG (-9094) or

AUDIO PROCESSING IS CONFLICTING WITH OTHER CPU TASKS. IF THIS OCCURS OFTEN, REDUCING THE H/W BUFFER SIZE IN THE PLAYBACK ENGINE DIALOG MAY HELP PREVENT THE PROBLEM (-9129)

well, if the song contains only one track or twelve, or two plugins or six i always recive the same messages, and i'm always reducing or increasing the CPU power or the H/W Buffer Size (it depends of this messages). seriously, sometimes only with two tracks and two plugins...
to record a song is a nightmare!!!

whats going on?

thanks!
Old 08-11-2007, 09:57 AM

Default Re: increase or reduce h/w buffer size *DELETED*

Post deleted by DigiTechSupt
Old 08-13-2007, 04:34 AM

Default Re: increase or reduce h/w buffer size

thank you.
but thats the only solution??
i live in barcelona and i think i can't ship my computer to nyc...
well, i'm gonna to continue looking for how to fix this problem!

Old 08-13-2007, 07:12 AM

Please keep trying as I am. I am not sending my rig in. I just hope the digi team has done as much troubleshooting as I have.

I'm still bogged down with buffer errors.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:44 AM
Avid

vibrolux - the offer to have you send in your computer does NOT extend to everyone. We only do this in cases that have been through the entire process of troubleshooting, but still are unsolved and then only in a few select situations. Do not recommend that anyone else call us expecting that we will be able to do the same for them.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:52 AM
Avid

Have you tried all the steps in the OS X Setup and General Troubleshooting thread yet?

You may want to look at the Help us help you thread as well.

Which version of Pro Tools are you running? Which drive are you recording and playing back from?
Old 08-14-2007, 07:17 AM

I was joking. Shipping an entire rig is dangerous to the equipment, time-consuming, and an ineffective procedure to tell me something I already know.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:55 AM
Avid

Quote:
I was joking. Shipping an entire rig is dangerous to the equipment, time-consuming, and an ineffective procedure to tell me something I already know.
That's curious - we have had numerous systems sent in and none of them have been damaged. Typical turnaround time is 5 days and, almost invariably, we are able to identify the problem and fix it.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:52 AM

hello!
i've seen that protools le 6.4 only works good with mac os x 10.3.2 or 10.3.4
is it true? i mean sometimes my english is really bad... (i'm from barcelona...)

another thing, when I bought my ibook g4 I installed mac os x 10.3.3 (it says in the installation cd), but now in the preferences of the computer it says that i have installed mac osx 10.3.9

why?????
Old 08-21-2007, 06:44 AM

WOW !

This error STILL is happening years later. I have asked about the "assertion error" or the "can't get from hard drive fast enough" error..for over a year..still no fix ?

I don't understand?

So many of us have posted, many are only using a Mac G4 laptop, 2 gig,Lacie ext HD, no new plug in ...just Digi Designs software LE 7.0....glad I didn't upgrade, it's STILL broken ???

Works OK bouncing for a while...then errors, switch to "buffer 8", when I have a problem switch "buffer to 2"...back and forth.Worked for a while.

Well now it's doing it again, last night after hours I could not bounce at all...what a waste of three hours, for one TRACK SONG NO PLUG INS ? . Great pro rig I have, after all that cash.

And don't tell us to re-read all that stuff again, I get it.Doesn't work that's why we are here.

How about a reason why? When you buy a brand new full set up JUST to run Pro Tools LE 7.0 and you cannot burn a CD?

Sorry but after 2 years now I expected to find at least a fix here.

Nothing, no HELP at all.

Thank You very much for all of your time.