Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2022, 05:19 PM

Default Programming "enter main counter" key in Eucon

Hi - been trying to program an "enter main counter" key (what the numpad '=' key does) in Eucon. Entering a numpad = in the keystroke editor creates a key that doesn't do anything (I'm assuming because numpad keys aren't recognized as such by the programming software), and from what I can tell, this is not a Euconized command. Doing some digging I found that entering the keystrokes "\p*" works, but my question is why? Is the "\" like the shell/unix escape character and "\p" says following keystroke is from the numpad? There's a handful of these "\" modified keystrokes in the pre-programmed softkeys; are they documented somewhere?

Thanks for any insight!
rich

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6
Old 10-14-2022, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Programming "enter main counter" key in Eucon

Hey Rich

In EuControl when you're in the Soft Key Command Editor and you add a new command "Key" if you open the drop down list for "Insert Special" you'll see the numeric keypad commands and you can select what you want. see the pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-10-14 at 5.42.49 PM.jpg (54.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-15-2022, 08:52 AM

Oh yeah! Thanks for that - so I don't see those listed in any of the Eucon programming docs, but at least I can find them this way. Would be nice if these were listed somewhere where they'd be searchable. Thanks!

Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Old 10-15-2022, 11:52 AM

Hadn't had to program any softkeys in a while but needed to for a client's rig the other day - I'd forgotten how incredibly clunky the whole programming interface is, and it hasn't really improved in the last couple years... This could *really* use some attention!

Old 10-15-2022, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Breen View Post
Hadn't had to program any softkeys in a while but needed to for a client's rig the other day - I'd forgotten how incredibly clunky the whole programming interface is, and it hasn't really improved in the last couple years... This could *really* use some attention!

I think that’s something that has been requested before. You do know you can save and load your personal soft keys on any system?

Last edited by its2loud; 10-16-2022 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-16-2022, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post

I think that’s something that has been requested before. You do know you can save and load your personal soft keys on any system?
yes