Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 05-30-2016, 10:46 PM

Default Fatal Error Crash on start up

recently reinstalled latest PT10.3 cant get past this fatal error warning (see attach) and then pt crashes on start. cleaned dae prefs, plist, etc.... macbook pro 2.4 dual core 4mb 667.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ptscreen.jpg (68.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-31-2016, 04:28 AM

Default Re: Fatal Error Crash on start up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mywarpedhalo View Post
recently reinstalled latest PT10.3 cant get past this fatal error warning (see attach) and then pt crashes on start. cleaned dae prefs, plist, etc.... macbook pro 2.4 dual core 4mb 667.
Could be anything. Could do with more system info like OSX version, audio interface, etc. When you say latest version of 10.3 do you mean PT 10.3.10 which is the last version Avid put out. iLok plugged in and working? What else do you have running on your computer when trying to start PT? With a machine with as meager resources as you have I'm not surprised there's issues.

QAPLA!
Old 05-31-2016, 12:01 PM

thanks jack. i have run this system for years and on many large sessions for multiple clients (its my job) This issue spontaneously happened with no interface. just mixing on phones. Yes 10.3.10. new iLok cool. only authorized plug ins.
Old 05-31-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mywarpedhalo View Post
thanks jack. i have run this system for years and on many large sessions for multiple clients (its my job) This issue spontaneously happened with no interface. just mixing on phones. Yes 10.3.10. new iLok cool. only authorized plug ins.
Amazing you got a severely underpowered system to even do any work with PT. I sure wouldn't and definitely not for paying clients. You still haven't answered the question: what version of OSX? Separate drive for PT to record to? And please tell me you don't let this system sleep.

Have you done all the necessary optimizations? I don't give a rodent's posterior if the system has worked okay for you in the past. You're having problems now with a bare bones system. And I sure wouldn't mix for paying clients on headphones connected direct to a Mac. That's a recipe for poor audio. Mac's don't have the necessary power to drive a decent set of cans.

Authorized plugins doesn't mean a thing in this case. What third party plugins are you running?

QAPLA!