Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 07:49 AM
Evergreen Audio Design Group

Default Pro Tools 11 Crash Reporter - send in those crash logs!

Hi,

As a developer at Avid, I want to encourage all users to send in your crash reports. In Pro Tools 11, the development team implemented a crash reporter partially based on the Google Breakpad technology.

Within 12 hours of Pro Tools being released, we were starting to see crash reports being sent in. In a couple of cases, we were getting reports of the same fundamental crash. Several developers are already starting to look at these problems and implement solutions for them.

With the help of all of our users, I think this is going to greatly improve the stability of Pro Tools. Avid will likely be integrating this technology into our other products to help us improve overall stability of all Avid products.

Keep sending them in!

Bob
Old 08-20-2013, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 Crash Reporter - send in those crash logs!

Ok, I can't find the link to send them in though...

Can you post the proper way to submit avid crash logs for people like me?
Old 08-20-2013, 02:11 PM

When Pro Tools Crashes you should now get a "Send to Avid" button. Like the one on all those Apple crash windows. These logs go direct to Bob and his buddies in Daly City.

C
Mix Tech/Assistant Sound Editor
Old 08-20-2013, 05:47 PM

What would make this better is if when a issues is identified and reproduced in daly city the bug is logged on IdeaScale and and perhaps a email is sent if he see ops in. Another cool idea would be if engineering contacted a those with interesting issues and had them do some testing or troubleshooting.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 08-20-2013, 10:02 PM

Not all crashes give you that option. If you move a note head in the notation view while in play and the timeline and edit are linked, you get an assertion error that kills playback and record. Make sure NO tracks are armed so the edit causes the play head to jump to the edit. It only kills half the program, you might say, but you won't get the ability to send to Avid.This happens in versions 9-11 HD, non HD, mac or pc. I'm using the 11 trial but. I grew tired of getting ANYONE to try it. I was blown off every time. It's' a weird bug in that you can save your work and just quit and relaunch Pro Tools.
Apogee Mini-Me firewire.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:48 PM

Dave,

What Instruments are you using when you see this bug? Trying to recreate with Mini Grand and Structure. Have not been able to get an assertion error.

I've tried with and without Dynamic Plug-in Processing enabled, 256 Samples, 32 Samples. The only thing I've been able to get it to do is throw a -6101 error which was by essentially creating a gliss by dragging whilst it was on the note being dragged.

Could you give more details or point to a thread where there are more details on recreation of this bug?

Maybe one of the developers could look at options for a "Log Assertion Error" menu item? No idea of the feasibility of such a request though :)

C
Mix Tech/Assistant Sound Editor
Old 09-28-2013, 03:34 PM

I'm getting 6101 errors. Not a full crash, thus no report. Started happening this week. Nothing has changed other than I purchased Izotope Ozone5. I put Ozone in the "unused" folder and I still get the error. CPU usage is very low. I've tried different playback buffer settings, turning off dynamic processor, nothing seems to make a difference. I am just trying to play a song through and it will play about 1-2 minutes, then croaks and errors out. I can then restart playback immediately but it will croak again. Have not been able to get through a 5 minute song in a week.
MSI home build
11th Gen Intel i7-11700K @ 3.60GHz
32g RAM, 6Tb SSD
AVID Dock w/Android 10" Tablet
IK Multimedia AXE I/O
Behringer U-Phoria UMC1820 USB Audio Interface

Bakerplace.net A place for Audio/Video Post Production.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:34 AM

Hi,
I'm having crashes (quit unexpectedly )all the time, but I'm not able to send the crash report, because the crash reporter application is also crashing (not responding) ....

I'm using a large orchestral template, protools 11.0.2 on MacPro (2x2,6 Gh, 12 gig ram, osx 10.8.5) with two PC slaves attached running VEPRO METAFRAMES (build 5.2.12808). Video on the Mac, also Vienna MIR on the mac.
About 150 midi channels, 10 VEPRO servers, 50 returns, 24 MIR inputs.

The crashes don't same related to the Midi, but the crashes happen on playing audio clips. (dedicated internal disc, with 'no problems' , and worked fine with PT 10.3.
Removing Mir or VEPRO servers doesn't solve the crashes. So must be other problem.
All ideas welcome !
Old 10-26-2013, 07:11 AM

Could not create a new document because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/110287/AlturaPorts/DFW/MacBuild/../Views/UMenu.MacOS.mm", line 1357.

What does this mean?

Happens on start up of protools 11

Cannot begin new session.

Thanks

Guy
Old 10-26-2013, 10:05 AM

Uhhh my crash reporter crashes....
However PLEASE fix the clickII plugin..... the click runs with it's own mind.
AND if I skip around on the time line and hit play it will crash...... A couple of audio trks and 30 to 50 midi trks with VI's
Tom
Closed Thread