Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 05-01-2010, 04:53 PM

Default Only 4 inputs for profire 2626?

Hi, I've been using 2 profires daisy chained for about a year now with PT8 m-powered with no dramas. However, yesterday when selecting an input for an audio track I was only given the option of:

- Ln 1 (mono)
- Ln 2 (mono)
- S/PDIF (L)
- S/PDIF (R)

I'm at a loss as to why all of the profires inputs aren't selectable any more. Luckily I noticed this while mucking around at home and not about to record a band at a live venue.

I've tried re-setting up the i/o's in the Setup section to no avail. Restarting my computer, the profire and protools....nothing.

In trouble shooting I can see that all of my channels from the profire are working through the DSP mixer. They just aren't getting recognized by PT.

I'm about to re-install the drivers for the profire and fingers crossed that solves the problem. Anyone seen this before and have any ideas?
Old 05-01-2010, 05:07 PM

Default Re: Only 4 inputs for profire 2626?

Ok....so I ended up figuring this one out. *slaps forehead

I re-installed the latest drivers. Found out that I didn't have the latest drivers so at least there is a positive here.

The driver install didn't fix the issue, so back into PT I went.

I went into the I/O section. This time I didn't manually try and create the correct Is and Os manually but just clicked on the "Default" button. Low and behold all the correct inputs returned and are now selectable in the mix pane of PT.

*wipes sweat from brow.....