Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2008, 10:34 AM

Default Re: Problem with Music Production Toolkit 2 Licensing

Why do we have to pay for this upgrade? Does it add anything other than Eleven to the toolkit?
Old 12-18-2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Fu View Post
Why do we have to pay for this upgrade? Does it add anything other than Eleven to the toolkit?
I don't mind paying for it... I just wish the auth. would work. But it doesn't.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:52 AM

I am just wondering how this thing happened, everyone having the same issue with MPTK upgrades, seems like Digidesign didn't even test the authorizers before release the upgrade, because if they did it this problem isn't suppose to happen right now, I have a huge project to be released on December 27, most of it have 45 tracks that need to be open for mixing, now that my MPTK is gonne I am able to open only 32 tracks at time, Digi make mistakes and costumers have to pay for it, not for the money but because of the aggravation that we have to go through. Hopefully a solution will come fast because I am desperate.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcioguitar View Post
I am just wondering how this thing happened, everyone having the same issue with MPTK upgrades, seems like Digidesign didn't even test the authorizers before release the upgrade, because if they did it this problem isn't suppose to happen right now, I have a huge project to be released on December 27, most of it have 45 tracks that need to be open for mixing, now that my MPTK is gonne I am able to open only 32 tracks at time, Digi make mistakes and costumers have to pay for it, not for the money but because of the aggravation that we have to go through. Hopefully a solution will come fast because I am desperate.
In another post, someone reported calling Digi and getting a 30 day trial license on the original MPTK, as a temporary solution. Or you could install PT8 (on another HD if need be) to get 48 tracks.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:04 PM

You decided to do a major upgrade in the middle of a project and yet you're complaining about hitting some snags?

Old 12-18-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
You decided to do a major upgrade in the middle of a project and yet you're complaining about hitting some snags?

I didn't decide to make a major update, I still on PT 7.4.2, the only thing that I did was upgrading to MPTK 2, thats it! I agree if the update doens't work for some reason but I don't agree with it taking way what I already had and rely on it.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:10 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
Same here, surrendered license and got the new one and now I have nothing. Reinstalls don’t work. New drive with fresh install doesn’t work. Aso lost moog plugs. Please Digi, fix this.
We are working on it as quickly as possible.

Stay tuned.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthetik42 View Post
In another post, someone reported calling Digi and getting a 30 day trial license on the original MPTK, as a temporary solution. Or you could install PT8 (on another HD if need be) to get 48 tracks.
I am trying to downloading from Digi's website but everything is down for hours already, Digi store and my Digi all down as well. I got the free upgrade, I think that will be solution at this point.

thanks for the advice.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:13 PM

Rule number ONE.

Don't touch ANYTHING while in the middle of a project. ANYTHING, unless your life depended on it. Even then, I might think twice about it.

Hence I won't upgrade to perhaps mid-January.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:43 PM

So do I need to upgrade to use all my original plug-ins that were included with the Music Toolkit if I upgrade to pro tools 8? For example my multi-track beat detective?