Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2009, 07:17 AM

Default Re: Problem with Music Production Toolkit 2 Licensing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Was there anything else chained after that drive?

Usually, but not absolutely every time. If it's not there, I wouldn't worry about it.

Now that is something you MUST have, otherwise you wouldn't be able to use either interface via Core Audio.

Here's a link to a browser window that shows the location - are you SURE you don't see a HAL folder? If you don't, can you do a search on your computer to see if it somehow got moved somewhere else?

HAL Folder

I'm not quite clear what you're saying here. Not available on the system in what way?

Well, that would seem to indicate it IS available.

Can you clarify this a bit more?
Yes, connection lost when the FW drive was added to an existing FW Drive. (the 003 is direct to the Mac)
Sorry, my bad, HAL folder in Library, not in User/Library, files there as described. Second issue I think other threads have covered - i.e. that even where 003 is selectable as a system output, it isn't working; in my case it's annoying (for instance after exporting an MP3 from sequencer, can't audition in iTunes), but as all three sequencers now seem to be functioning following your earlier suggestions, I'll wait for the CoreAudio fix with OS X.5.6.
Thanks for all your help,

Colin Orr
http://www.janus-music.com
Old 01-18-2009, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
I don't mind paying for it... I just wish the auth. would work. But it doesn't.

Yeah i don't mind either. You get more tracks to play with and eleven which rules. I just wish it would work..

I got a temp license and it's just expired.. On a sunday! I'd forgotten about it as it worked fine.... Not cool

Come on digi.

Mac Intel 2.93Ghz 12 core - 64gb RAM - OS 10.12 - PT 12 HD Native - Lynx Aurora 16 - Lynx Aurora 8 - UAD Quad - Logic, VEP 6
_____

Spark moderator & beta test for Arturia
Old 01-18-2009, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twix View Post
I am sure that's the plan. I guess I don't understand what the difference would be by giving us a temp authorization that works, compared to a fixed one.
With you there my friend... Digi have a database. Why can't they feed out these licenses to everyone who has complained. Give us this temp license without the 30 day rubbish attached to it, then revoke it when they have sorted the issue. Easy.

Why i have to suffer because they have not sorted it out is beyond me. I mean, i get a temp license!!! For something i've paid for, it's outrageous. I should get a my full copy back until the problems are solved, end of. It's not like we're paid for this upgrade is it digi. We're made to feel like crooks or something by being given a 30 day license, far be it a gesture of goodwill to actually trust your customer base be giving them their full license back while you iron out your rough spots. Too much to ask. Agin, another problem that the digi customer has to pay for, either with their time or otherwise.

Mac Intel 2.93Ghz 12 core - 64gb RAM - OS 10.12 - PT 12 HD Native - Lynx Aurora 16 - Lynx Aurora 8 - UAD Quad - Logic, VEP 6
_____

Old 01-18-2009, 09:32 AM

What I've not heard anyone say is that you have to have an existing MPTK (track expansion/beat detective) license on your iLok in order to load the new MPTK 2 Update licenses onto your iLok.
In other words, the new MPTK license, even though it's the same as the old one, requires a surrender of the old one.
Without the surrender, Eleven and Structure won't download to the iLok either.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:37 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuey View Post
Yeah i don't mind either. You get more tracks to play with and eleven which rules. I just wish it would work..

I got a temp license and it's just expired.. On a sunday! I'd forgotten about it as it worked fine.... Not cool

Come on digi.
This should be sorted - but I can't tell what your situation is because you didn't provide any detail.

Did you get an MPTK2 license? If so, you should have rec'd an email with info on how to sync your iLok and get the fixed license. Is that not the case?
Old 01-19-2009, 03:39 PM
Avid

Quote:
With you there my friend... Digi have a database. Why can't they feed out these licenses to everyone who has complained. Give us this temp license without the 30 day rubbish attached to it, then revoke it when they have sorted the issue. Easy.
We did, so I'm not sure why you didn't get the info on what to do to fix your authorization. Have you checked your iLok account? You may want to contact Customer Service directly, as they can look up your info and determine what happened. Either that or post your registered email address (do it in a form that spambots can't harvest, like me [at] thisplace [dot] com) and I'll try to look it up myself.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
This should be sorted - but I can't tell what your situation is because you didn't provide any detail.

Did you get an MPTK2 license? If so, you should have rec'd an email with info on how to sync your iLok and get the fixed license. Is that not the case?
I did the upgrade and never received this message your talking about. My MPTK is still asking for authorization when i boot pro tools. anyway you can find out what the deal with that is? [email protected]

"Yup, I hear stuff."

Dual 2.4Ghz Quad "Westmere"
14GB Ram
OS X 10.8.4
PT 10.6.7
HD Native PCIe + HD i/o 16x16 + 192 8x8x8
UA 2192 Master Clock and Mix in/playback
Old 02-05-2009, 01:20 PM

I also upgraded but never got any messages. I've had a temp 365 day license put into my ilok account just after Christmas, which i still have. My ilok now says i have both 1 and 2. When i first upgraded, it showed that i only had MPK 2 in my ilok account, but it always asked me for my authorisation for 2, it was then i had problems with Mooger Fooger AD and Purple Audio MC77. I got the MF AD and MC77 plugs sorted and it was then that i was given the temp license by digi tech support. First a 30 day which ran out, then i asked for another. They gave me a 365 day license as they did not know when it would be fixed. Here's my email if you wouldn't mind following it up. Although i've just started recorded a new record, so probably not the best time to try and look into it. [email protected] Thanks

_____

Old 02-05-2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Music Production Toolkit 2 Digidesign License Never
Which is cool right?
I upgraded on sunday and my ilok still says MPT not MPTK2, as i didn't want to download a 3GB file i just installed the original MPTK and manually installed Eleven and i already had installers for structure LE.

The new toolkit only adds Eleven and Structure LE........doesn't it?
Old 02-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dougfather View Post
I upgraded on sunday and my ilok still says MPT not MPTK2, as i didn't want to download a 3GB file i just installed the original MPTK and manually installed Eleven and i already had installers for structure LE.

The new toolkit only adds Eleven and Structure LE........doesn't it?
It should show Music Production Toolkit - the MPTK2 version was the one that was incorrect, so you should be good to go.