Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2015, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools | Control vs. Neyrinck V-control pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_daw View Post
Where do you get hung up? Did you open Eucon Preferences in System preferences and select 'Wifi'? Is Eucon turned on in PT's? Is the app open?
I figured it out. The only thing that bothers me, but I guess I understand it, is you can't use this along with my ProControl. Its either or.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 08-09-2015, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
The only thing that bothers me, but I guess I understand it, is you can't use this along with my ProControl. Its either or.

That's an easy choice then
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools | Control vs. Neyrinck

Quote:
Originally Posted by funktedup View Post
It works fine on my mabook Pt 10, and 11, just had to install the new eucon software, also the soft keys work as well programing my own, really need more pages with large icons to really get the most out of it. No joy wheel other location markers pretty basic compared to V control though. also when your not in pro tools ie I use soundminer you lose control of pro tools, unlike V control you can still use the app completely, that's a bad design as I'm in an out of apps but stil, need control. Let's see what they do next.

Osx mountain lion 2012 Macbook Pro
16 gig ram
Ipad air

I am not quite sure I follow.

Are you saying that you want the Avid Control app to also control other DAW programs? It can do that. EUCON will also mimic HUI control - just follow the instructions listed here:

http://connect.euphonix.com/document..._Setup_3.0.pdf

EUCON is an incredibly flexible thing. Far more than previous protocols created by Avid.

As an example - I just opened an Ableton Live session followed by a protools session on the same computer. This means they aren't rewired together, I have two different sessions open. My artist series controllers and the iPad Control application will focus on whatever application I am working it. Switching between applications will switch the control surfaces and control because mackie control or eucon - and ableton live and protools.

If you want to lock the control surfaces to a specific DAW, just bring the DAW to the front, open the eucon control panel and click the 'assign' tab - then activate the 'entire surface' checkbox below 'lock to application'. That will lock all the surfaces to the DAW you are currently working in.

I haven't tried it with just the Control app, but it certainly is working with my Mix + Transport + Control app. Hui isn't entirely ideal - Eucon is definitely better, but it does work.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:34 PM

Your review is spot on. Infancy is a good description. I can't believe there is no way to access send levels. If I'm working with the app as a remote, the ability to tweak a cue mix is just a basic requirement. Managing playhead locations in the timeline for punch or loop tasks is also not featured. Also Neyrinck has the ability to turn pre and post roll on and off easily whereas the Avid app doesn't even give the option. Logic Remote also eclipses this app in every way imaginable. It feels like this was rushed out the door just so Avid would have something to release and turn the tides of very negative user sentiment in light of the lack of progress on PT12 and the very unpopular HD support plan terms. Unfortunately shoving an incomplete product out the door only highlights Avid's deficiencies.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaBrain View Post
Your review is spot on. Infancy is a good description. I can't believe there is no way to access send levels. If I'm working with the app as a remote, the ability to tweak a cue mix is just a basic requirement. Managing playhead locations in the timeline for punch or loop tasks is also not featured. Also Neyrinck has the ability to turn pre and post roll on and off easily whereas the Avid app doesn't even give the option. Logic Remote also eclipses this app in every way imaginable. It feels like this was rushed out the door just so Avid would have something to release and turn the tides of very negative user sentiment in light of the lack of progress on PT12 and the very unpopular HD support plan terms. Unfortunately shoving an incomplete product out the door only highlights Avid's deficiencies.

The Control app can toggle pre and post roll. The soft keys can be programmed to control pretty much anything you like using the 'soft keys' panel in the Eucon software.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex s View Post
I'm a big fan of V Control.
The obvious advantages over PT Control are access to sends, the V Window and on fader automation selection.

However, I've never found the panning particularly accurate and have always reverted to the mouse for this purpose.

Weirdly, I submitted a feature request for V Control on the day PT Control was released asking for an overlay to pop up when the pans are touched...
Much like PT control.

I also really like the universe bar at the top of the screen allowing you to jump all around the session.

It just makes me wonder how amazing V Control would be if Avid gave Neyrinck access to Eucon.

I was able to get round the laggy meters in PT Control by setting up a network directly between the computer and iPad.

EDIT:

Forget what I said about V Control's panning issues...
I just discovered when you option drag on the pan pots a numerical display is shown at the top of the fader allowing for really accurate adjustments.

Really nice.

So did you set up an ad hoc network here?
Old 08-10-2015, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige108 View Post
So did you set up an ad hoc network here?
Yep,

I'm on a mac, so I hit "Create New Network" in the WiFi dropdown and connected the ipad to that network.

Al
Old 08-10-2015, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex s View Post
Yep,

I'm on a mac, so I hit "Create New Network" in the WiFi dropdown and connected the ipad to that network.

Al

Cool, I'll try the ad hoc on PC. Gotta be the best way I reckon.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:47 AM

Also - cannot use EUCON and ICON together - its a pity!
Wanted to use it as a control pad in my recording booth - but cannot activate EUCON and my D-Command at the same time.
Mac 16 Core 7,1 -Os 10.15.7 - 96 gb Ram - Pro Tools 2022.6 Ultimate in 5 suites - MTRX Studio -S6 26-5-D - Sync HD - Video Satelite (Symphony 2022.5, AJA Kona 3g) Pro Protools 2022.6 Vanilla in 21 x Recording and Edit suites. Mac 6,1 Mac Mini, Mac Mini M1, Mac Studio Pro, Mac Studio Max
Mediacomposer 2021.12 on AJA Kona 3g / XT I/O x 3 suites. Multiple Avid S1, S3 & Docks
Old 08-15-2015, 08:49 AM

Anyone tried the Actions app in PT?