Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 01:35 PM

Default Import window audio preview bug

Since I installed 7.3.1cs3 my Import Window will not allow me to preview audio using the age-old apple+space or apple+p keyboard commands. I now have to hold down apple+space for the entire duration of the file or it immediately stops playback. Also when previewing a file in the past I could just press apple+space again to stop the playback but now if I press apple+space or apple+p it just restarts the preview from the beginning. I have to click the stop button with the mouse in order to stop the preview. I have the correct keyboard shortcuts disabled in system prefs so that doesn't seem to be conflicting.

I use the import window constantly and when previewing a list of kicks/snares/sfx, etc in rapid succession this bug slows me down. It's a minor inconvenience but it was working correctly before cs3.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I updated to cs4 today but no resolution.

Here are my system specs:
HD2 Accel
Intel MacPro Dual 2.66, dual core, 3GB Ram
now running PT version 7.3.1cs4
OS 10.4.10 (installed using the approved combo update option)

Thanks,

Nick

Sound Design/VO
http://noisefreak.com
Old 08-29-2007, 01:53 AM

Default Re: Import window audio preview bug

Try to release the Command key before the Space key. That should work.

Timothy
Old 08-29-2007, 07:24 AM

Thanks Timothy, I appreciate your help. I ,too, had figured out that releasing command first does allow the audio to keep playing.. However, there's still no way to stop the file in mid-preview without arrowing down or clicking stop. Command+P still doesn't work and sometimes with a slip of the finger I find myself back at the top of my file list (since spacebar alone takes you to the top of your directory)... I am just hoping this is a bug and not an unannounced permanent change to the operation of the import window. I'm not sure how to submit a bug report to digi - has anyone ever done that successfully?

Thanks,

Nick

Sound Design/VO
http://noisefreak.com
Old 08-29-2007, 01:26 PM

Nick,

I don't know if you tried it yet, but have you used the "workspace" browser feature? You can preview files just by mouse clicking on the waveform. If there isn't a wave form, just click where one should be and it will still work. Sometimes PT doesn't draw the waveforms for whatever reason. Also, yes I have submitted a bug report just 2 weeks ago. You have 2 options:

1) http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...00&itemid=4876

click on technical support and follow the instructions to fill out the form or

2) Call Digi, Technical Support Phone: 650.731.6100 Monday thru Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm PST

I hope this helps!

RJ