How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Sending to Auxes from Groups

Hi All,

We are using a Venue in a broadcast environment and all is well, board sounds great and is very flexible. The biggest thing we are missing is the ability to send to aux busses from groups.

I now this will result in a barrage of work arounds, and believe me we have tried them all, the best of all is setting up Matrix outputs as an Aux sum for each aux, which works pretty well, but it would be much simpler to be able to select the group and use the aux sends on the master channel controls.

I guess this is more of a feature request than a cry for help, but would be interested to hear your thoughts on this one, I know most of you live guys won't see the point, but many broadcasters will, this is a standard feature on 'broadcast' desk and would be a fantastic selling point for this desk into broadcast
Old 12-13-2007, 06:18 AM

Default Re: Sending to Auxes from Groups

I agree. I have been asked about this feature from broadcast people.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:23 AM

Default Re: Sending to Auxes from Groups

Just curious, as I am one of the "live" guys, why they ask for this. I was going to say couldn't you use the PQ outs but until I know what the reason for it I will sit quietly in the corner and learn something new

Scott (Never to0 old to learn) Fahy