How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2022, 05:07 AM

Default Getting Sample Rate Error with Plugins When Launching

Hey Everyone,

Hope you're all well! This is my first post as I could not seem to find anything online in relation to this.

I was previously using the same exact settings as I am now and I had no issues. I just loaded it up a few days ago and it gave me the following error:

"The following plug-ins were made inactive because they do not support the current sample rate"

Dont mind the bus paths as I did not have the mac connected to the Audio Interface when taking the screenshot for this post.

I've attempted to change the sample rate but it does not work and reverts back.

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 283715883_667464391016858_6155819506393168319_n.jpg (48.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-27-2022, 05:17 AM

Default Getting Sample Rate Error with Plugins When Launching

Hey Everyone,

Hope you're all well! This is my first post as I could not seem to find anything online in relation to this.

I was previously using the same exact settings as I am now and I had no issues. I just loaded it up a few days ago and it gave me the following error:

"The following plug-ins were made inactive because they do not support the current sample rate"

Dont mind the bus paths as I did not have the mac connected to the Audio Interface when taking the screenshot for this post.

I've attempted to change the sample rate but it does not work and reverts back.

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated!

Computer model and processor speed - Macbook Pro M1 13"
OS version - Monterey Version 12.3.1
Digidesign or M-Audio hardware model - Komplete Audio 6 Version 1
Pro Tools version - Studio 2022.5.0
Amount of RAM installed - 8GB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 283715883_667464391016858_6155819506393168319_n.jpg (48.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-27-2022, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Getting Sample Rate Error with Plugins When Launching

Hi, What's the sample rate of the session? How are you attempting to change it?

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (2)
TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48
Avid Artist Mix/Control
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 05-28-2022, 04:15 AM

The Sample Rate is 48000kHz, I tried putting it down to 41000kHz but it would just revert to 48.

When going onto Hardware Setup and launch tool, it loads up the Audio Devices tab and I've tried changing it there too but to no avail as when I load up the project it automatically reverts back.

To be honest I wouldn't wish to change the sample rate as it was working just a couple of days ago but at the same time if it is the only way I would be happy to.
Old 05-28-2022, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidennayim View Post
The Sample Rate is 48000kHz, I tried putting it down to 41000kHz but it would just revert to 48.

When going onto Hardware Setup and launch tool, it loads up the Audio Devices tab and I've tried changing it there too but to no avail as when I load up the project it automatically reverts back.

To be honest I wouldn't wish to change the sample rate as it was working just a couple of days ago but at the same time if it is the only way I would be happy to.
Okay, maybe let's start with a little education. You can't simply change the sample rate of a session itself. The method to change it is to go to the FILE menu and Export as a new session. Then you can change the sample rate of that new version. Another method is to create a new session at the desired sample rate, then use Import Session Data to import all the tracks from another session and let Pro Tools do SRC(Sample Rate Conversion) as it brings in the data from the original session.

Back to the issue at hand, 2 things come to mind:
#1-the plugins are all Waves plugins. Are there any other Waves plugins that still ARE working? If so, open a support ticket with Waves(they are very good at responding). If all your Waves plugins are not working, then I would remove and re-install them.
#2-the 2 things to try for any weird behavior(like this) are to restart the entire system(shut down the computer and start over) and the other thing to try is trashing prefs(info available from the link up top named Help Us Help You.

Finally, re this
"When going onto Hardware Setup and launch tool, it loads up the Audio Devices tab and I've tried changing it there too but to no avail as when I load up the project it automatically reverts back"
the Audio Engine is what Pro Tools is using to record FROM and playback TO. Its usually some sort of interface, but sometimes users will want to use the computer's on-board sound card. A separate interface is going to give(usually) the best experience. In any case, when discussing what to do, it helps(hint hint) to actually tell us what your interface is(its not possible to give too much information)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave