Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win)

Old 12-06-2021, 05:21 AM

Default Re: ProTools doesn't see HDX hardware in new PC build

Hi - did you get to the bottom of this?

I'm having an almost identical problem with our HD Native card. Shows up in device manager, passes digitest wth flying colours, completely invisible to any version of pro tools I care to try it with!

I've just bought a new digilink license and protools ultimate to try and get it working, with no luck. I can't figure it out at all.

Old 12-07-2021, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsmithy View Post

I'm having an almost identical problem with our HD Native card. Shows up in device manager, passes digitest wth flying colours, completely invisible to any version of pro tools I care to try it with!

I've just bought a new digilink license and protools ultimate to try and get it working, with no luck. I can't figure it out at all.

You probably have already tried, but perhaps a complete Pro Tools uninstall and reinstall. What version of Pro Tools are you installing??
Old 12-07-2021, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsmithy View Post

No, we were never able to solve it, even with the help of multiple AVID support folks, pretty high up the chain.

What motherboard does your computer have?
Old 12-08-2021, 02:19 AM

We have a b450 Tomahawk, our system is built around Ryzen.

I've solved our version of this now though.. rather embarrassingly I realised that whilst the licenses had been deposited to our iLok account I had failed to copy them over to the actual iLok.

Once I copied over the digilink and pro-tools ultimate licenses, everything opened up and is running as it should.

Riffing off what worked for me, maybe you could try your iLok in a different USB slot? I have a 2nd system which only see's our iLok in a certain slot for whatever reason!
Old 07-27-2022, 04:08 PM

hi,
have you tried running pro tools 'as administrator'?