Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 06-28-2022, 07:16 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Ultimate- Run on Multiple Computers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
You are always somewhere with perfectly reliable Internet connectivity? During the whole time you are using Pro Tools?

And like iLok has never had a problem with its online services?

The consensus amongst folks here seems to be lots of us prefer a physical iLok.

Take precautions, add a bright ribbon, Tile tracker or Apple AirTag, and your contact info to the iLok. Enrol in ZDT and have a spare blank iLok you can redeposit a temp license to if you invoke ZDT.
A spare blank iLok license seems like a good idea but why does it have to be blank? Can you not get more than one ilock and set them both up to work on each rig? Ideally i'd want to get one for the home rig and one for the portable rig. Can that be done?
Old 06-28-2022, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsand View Post
Yes - I tried the iLok Cloud once and loved it - until my internet went out and I couldn't work! People say "but my internet is very stable", and so is mine, but there are still going to be times when it's down. I don't want to go through that again so I use the physical iLok.
Good point. Thanks
Old 06-28-2022, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1234 View Post
A spare blank iLok license seems like a good idea but why does it have to be blank? Can you not get more than one ilock and set them both up to work on each rig? Ideally i'd want to get one for the home rig and one for the portable rig. Can that be done?
Sure if you want to purchase two separate Pro Tools licenses.

These is no such thing as a "blank iLok license", it'a blank iLok license key. A cryptographic store. That iLok hardware exists to make sure there is exactly one secure copy of a each license issued by a software vendor available for use anywhere. You can install a livense to an iLok, you can move a secure license key between iLoks attavhed to your iLok accont, but you sure as hell cannot have copies of the same license on two iLoks at the same time.
Old 06-28-2022, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1234 View Post
Yes, multiple iLoks work fine(even if they don't all belong to the same account). I have 4 of them here as follows:
#1-my main iLok with most licenses
#2-an iLok belonging to my partner's account(he has one from my account). This is for stuff that allows 2 licenses so we both can use them.
#3-has a second Pro Tools license(for travel)
#4-my spare(probably has some odd leftover licenses on it)

Note that my #1 iLok also has the ZDT coverage

BTW, I have several other licenses that are not on an iLok, but they are always available from my iLok account(think old licenses for plugins that are obsolete, or duplicates I don't need)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave