Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2022, 02:34 AM

Default Re: Waves v14 for upcoming PT Apple Silicon Native info

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
Right but to get those V14 licenses from V13 you have to sign in and perform an update or upgrade, I forget what they call it. While WUP is active. That's how they explained it to me when I was trying to go to V13.
Yes, that's true. You need to click the Get Latest Version button on the website once while under WUP.
Old 11-15-2022, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reichman View Post
That reminds me of my relationship with Izotope: "I'll pay not to have to go to the next version of RX. I'll even pay extra if you'd just keep supporting RX7 on Monterey!"
that's hilarious. likewise i would pay good money for "Neutron 1, 25th anniversary edition", that runs on Monterey...
Old 11-16-2022, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
Right but to get those V14 licenses from V13 you have to sign in and perform an update or upgrade, I forget what they call it. While WUP is active. That's how they explained it to me when I was trying to go to V13.
thanks! you just saved me some hassle, didn't realize most of my stuff was expiring in 4 days and was able to get all but one updated to v14, glad I saw your post!
Old 11-18-2022, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reichman View Post
That reminds me of my relationship with Izotope: "I'll pay not to have to go to the next version of RX. I'll even pay extra if you'd just keep supporting RX7 on Monterey!"
If only it worked that way, but even OSes don't. Ultimately to move forward they have to let go of the past, but at least that's around 5 years of support.

New features generally require the latest advancements in architecture in new computers, which you can't find on older machines. Machine Leaning, maths co-processors for example. To a certain extent you can program things to work without it, but at the expense of a huge CPU hit which could max out older computers.

So yeah, if your on an older machine you would want the devs to continue to support older software. Unlike some people here, many wouldn't want to pay extra to have it maintained. You'd be surprised how many self-entitled people are out there. They think that paying $30 for a plugin on sale should entitle them to free updates indefinitely. Except updates can't be done for free indefinitely.