How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2023, 08:49 AM

Default Re: Help with Assertion Error

Alright.

I'm terribly sorry for taking so long to answer but I found the solution. And perhaps you told me about it earlier and I didn't understood what you meant, in that case, I'm very sorry.

For futur Windows users who might get that same problem, here's what worked for me:

If none of the steps described above work (and if you already tried ASIO4ALL, do not uninstall it as it might show up in other DAWs like it did for me) and you keep having the same problem, don't only go to the sound properties of Windows to check your drivers, etc...
Here's what I did:

- Go to the Windows Start Menu.
- Type "mmsys.cpl" in the search bar and press Enter.
- You will see every single one of your sound systems and interfaces. First, disable all of them except the audio interface you wish to use for Pro Tools.
- Test run Pro Tools, hold the "N" key during launch and it should open the I/O settings (instead of crashing like it used to do).

Optionally, you can start enabling your other sound systems one by one to find the one that was causing Pro Tools to crash (in my case, it was the built-in Realtek Audio).

Darryl, I thank you very much for your help as it made me learn a lot more about troubleshooting my device next time I'll encounter a problem (and I don't doubt that I will, knowing my luck haha).