Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2016, 02:33 AM

Default Using Eleven rack to run Bias FX/VST

Hey guys, I recently tried using my Eleven rack as an audio interface to run Bias FX and it works fine.

However when I was playing (with direct monitoring), I can hear both the dry guitar signal and the wet signal from Bias FX and it's slightly annoying. I'm not sure if ordinary audio interfaces faces the same issue as I have not owned one before or do i have to turn off something from the eleven rack or through my DAW.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-03-2016, 05:51 AM

Default Re: Using Eleven rack to run Bias FX/VST

The key missing thing here is what DAW are you using? Only Pro Tools mutes the internal monitoring path of the guitar rig in the Eleven Rack.

But if you just want the dry guitar track to feed your DAW/Bias FX plugibs then set that track input in the DAW to "Guitar In" and the Eleven Rack Rig Input (in User Options) to some unused input, say Reamp.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Using Eleven rack to run Bias FX/VST

I had the same issue with another brand of plug in. I'm not familiar with bias but if it runs in dual amp mode make sure both amps are switched on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gibson Guitars
Washburn Guitars
Michael Kelly Guitars
Yamaha Bass
Roland TD30K
EZ Drummer 2
Superior Drummer 2.2