Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 09-06-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Access Violation on just one session - please help

To start, this is the system I run:

Windows XP w/ SP2
Pro Tools M-Powered 7.1
M-Audio Firewire Solo
2.2 GHz Pentium 4 HT
1GB 3200 DDR memory
74 GB Hard Drive
350 Firewire 800 Media Drive
Intel 865PERL motherboard
Axiom 61 MIDI controller

Here's the problem:
One session always comes up with an Access Violation Occured box when I try to open it. I have tried opening the backup sessions, but the same thing happens, sometimes with a different error such as "...aztec/..." or something like that. And other times the session will completely open, but when I try to play it, the Access Violation occurs and then I have to shut down Pro Tools.

I have tried uninstalling Pro Tools and reinstalling it, but to no avail. I have also tried deleting the wavecache and digidesign databases files. I did read somewhere that uninstalling the plugins will work, but have not tried this yet. There is no other session that has this problem...all my other sessions work just fine.

Someone please help! This session is very important and I cannot afford to lose it and start over again - the mixing took a very long time and was 99% done. Now I cannot even access it...

Thank you
Oxygen 25
Akai LPD8
Focusrite VRM Box
Old 09-06-2007, 09:14 PM

Default Re: Access Violation on just one session - please help

Mine did that when a few of my Waves plug's were out of date.I updated to the newest version and the violation went away.I think it was my Ren bundle if i'm not mistaken.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:25 AM

hmmm thats interesting...but my waves plugins do work for other sessions there is no problem. this might help: my partner changed the name of the session file folder and the session file in windows explorer...i dont know if that would change anything but it could throw off the session finding certain files do to names...i dont know tho i dont know anything about PT
Oxygen 25
Akai LPD8
Focusrite VRM Box
Old 09-11-2007, 05:33 AM

You should still try to rename your rtas plugins folder for something temporary and try opening session without any plugins configured to PT. If that won't help, another computer may help you, or try importing all tracks to new session.