Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Creating \"normal pause\" for voice overs- advice needed

I am recording voice overs for an animated series. I had done 2 episodes previously and everything I handed in was fine. I would simply put all the keeper tracks in order and hand over a single track of the episode. Now the company has a new slug artist who wants me to order the vo's in "normal pause", which is 6 frames of spacing between each line. I wil obviously separate each line at transients. I could use some advice for the next step. Isn't there an easy way to separate all the regions by 6 frames each?
Thanks in advance
Old 06-28-2007, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Creating \"normal pause\" for voice overs- advice needed

Thankfully I have been spared the tedium of actually doing that part of the process, but I would probably make a silent file of the appropriate length and assemble the Nat Pause in shuffle mode. Drop your selected clip on a track, then drag the pause onto the track, grab your next clip, drag in a pause, ect. Repeat until your sanity is threatened.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:15 PM

What Colin said.
or
If your timeline is already set just copy the 6 frame file and paste it in between your takes.
If you need to insert in the middle of an existing region then just separate and paste.
You could do it quite quickly in commands focus mode.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:50 PM

Thanks for your replies. I just finished the job. I actually was able to clean up the audio a bit as well. I ended up just zooming to a view with frames as my grid and it wasn't as bad as I had feared, although it did take around 4 hours to complete. From what I hear that is about average for a 1/2 episode of v/os, so I guess I did alright. One down, 5 more episodes to go!
Thanks again for your suggestions