Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2002, 06:08 AM

Default Simultaneous TDIF and ADAT into 192 I/O?

Using a Mackie D8B with a TDIF card and an ADAT Card, PT HD with 192 I/O. Can the ADAT optical and the TDIF I/Os be used simultaneously? What will be the clock setting on the board (D8B) and in PT? Which ADAT Optical port will one use? The one on the chassis or the one on the Digital I/O card?
Old 03-18-2002, 10:25 PM

Default Re: Simultaneous TDIF and ADAT into 192 I/O?

Just bumping this up...
Old 03-19-2002, 07:43 AM

I am pretty sure you can mix and match any stereo pair on the 192 digital card. So you can have any combination of Tdif and light pipe up to a maximum of 8 I/O.
Old 03-19-2002, 07:52 AM
Avid

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Raven:
Can the ADAT optical and the TDIF I/Os be used simultaneously?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This may be accomplished by using the ADAT I/O on the enclosure and the TDIF port on the Digital I/O card. However, the enclosure ports do not offer real-time SRC (the ADAT Optical format only supports sample rates up to 48kHz).

If you have a need to 'up-sample' your audio from your D8B into Pro Tools for session sample rates of higher than 48kHz, then you will need to add another Digital I/O card in the available expansion bay.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>What will be the clock setting on the board (D8B) and in PT?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

-I would have the D8B supply the clock to Pro Tools either with a Word Clock connection or by resolving to the ADAT Optical or TDIF audio signals.

Brent
Old 03-19-2002, 10:00 PM

Hi Brent,
So I can get 8 channels of TDIF I/O and 8 channels of ADAT I/O without SRC, SIMULTANEOUSLY, right? What would be the clock setting on PT? DIgital?
And with another Digital I/O card I can get SRC on both ADAT and TDIF (8 channels each)?
I am just double checking as I need to confirm this to a client.
Thanks
Old 03-20-2002, 08:06 AM
Avid

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Raven:
So I can get 8 channels of TDIF I/O and 8 channels of ADAT I/O without SRC, SIMULTANEOUSLY, right?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>What would be the clock setting on PT? DIgital?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

-Yes. However, I would suggest you running a master clock source that both your ADAT, Tascam, and PT can resolve to (assuming that you are going to be performing synchronized transfers).

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>And with another Digital I/O card I can get SRC on both ADAT and TDIF (8 channels each)?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct.

Brent