Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2002, 10:17 AM

Default Re: Yamaha synth>MIDI Channels>Pro Tools.......Yamaha user\'s LOOK!!

Quote:
Originally posted by B-man:
I've got the global set to omni,like you mentioned.What about my receive Ch. on?i have it on all,and my KBDtrans Ch.?what does KBD mean?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">OK... think I just figured this out. Not sure if it's right but, appears to be working for me. KBDtrans Ch. is probably the equivalent of the MIDI Trns CH. on my synth (at least that's what I'm guessing), which I currently have set for channel 1. Again, not sure if this is correct but it seems to be working for me. Also, (again, not too familiar with the S90) make sure your synth is in Song/Performance Mode (if it has one) and not in Voice.

Now, here's what I figured out: For some reason my EX5 doesn't play back on consecutive channels (I'm guessing this is your issue, too). I have 2 MIDI tracks in PT-- 1 for drums and the other for Bass. When I have them setup on channels 1 and 2 (with the respective outputs set accordingly) I have exactly your prob-- Ch 1 works, 2 is silent (even though the meters move). So, I switched Ch.2 to Ch.3 (for both the input and output and, voila! Now my tracks are both working and playing the correct voices.

It kind of sucks since I can only use 8 MIDI channels instead of 16 but, it's better than 1. If I figure anything else out, I'll let you know.
Old 12-27-2002, 03:16 PM

Hey all just got back in town from the xmas holiday,which was fantastic!!Hope yours was too.

Now back to the topic at hand.I have finally got all 16 midi channels to transmit to each other properly!!Although i am still figuring things out,i am getting the 16 ch.'s to respond to their respective pro tools ch.'s.
I'll go through my setting's in the board and also in pro tools and post them tonight [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Also,cwhite have you been able to get more than just the 8 channels? being that you have 8,i'm wondering if their may be some type of stereo settings that you need to change....Just a thought.....I'll post back again tonight.
Old 12-28-2002, 08:26 PM

OK i'm back with my results:

Seq play mode>Utility>Midi

Basic Res Ch>omni Device No.>all
KBD Trans Ch>16 File utilityID>1

>Switch
Bank sel.>on
Pgm chng>on
CntrlChng>model
Local>on
Rcv bulk>protect

>OTHER

Midi in/out>midi
thru port>8

These are my settings in the board,i had to turn OFF midi thru inside Pro Tools also.I still have some questions to direct at Yamaha tech support,they're closed until monday.But i am finaly getting all my channels into PT's.
Hope this help you with your settings cwhite i realize you have an EX5?...but maybe some of this will work for you.Post your results and if i can help at all i will.
Old 12-29-2002, 12:58 AM

Hey B-man,

I haven't had a chance to mess around anymore since my previous discovery-- curious to see what you came up with.

Thanks.