Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 05-06-2010, 11:40 AM

Talking Avid acquiring Euphonix.

Nice and slick. Is this payback for Apple trying to control Pro tools with its OS. Year after year logic been trying to get access to rtas. Now they pissed Avid off dae support is going now this! Euphonix. Oh my God! Like i said a student should never challenge the teacher. Avid did not even need this acquisition right now. Develop le and give it ADC and see how you jump through the roof. Hey Avid you wanna take over the industry even more. By UA and port the plugs to ilok. You do that you can even keep ADC. Digi is not even supporting some of the advancement in the Leopard OS. Wow! I see a fight. I wonder who gets 64 bit first, mac or pc?
Sorry but i am not digging this one. Soft Image acquisition was a plus. Pinacle i can't see that being beneficial. M-Audio yes because of pro tools m-powered. Euphonix? The big goal of mixing in the box is to replace/ be comparable to analog. It has failed. The only time it come close is with plugins. Analog emulating plugins. Who has the most? UA! Why not spend all those millions developing analog emulating plugs for pro tools. How many people do you really think are inline for a system 5. Who the hell would buy that to run with a pro tools system when the Icon was made for pro tools? Who would want to spend that kind of money to open up a studio featuring Cakewalk, Logic, Cubase or Samplitude when a pro tools professional studio is the better customer catcher!! My question now is, will Avid by Yamaha to quiet Nuendo next? Never going to happen. If Yamaha cleans up that software and make a large dedicated controller for it then what? Besides making money is the bottom line. How many people are really dreaming of buying top of the line Euphonix gear? How fast do you really think the professional audio market is growing? Isn't it better to create plugs and ADC for existing customers? I have used all the video editing software offered by Avid. Crap compared to Apple and Adobe. So what have we acomplished here Avid buying up all the under achievers? You still have not dealt with the real issues. 64 bit and ADC! Name me five amazing must have pro tools plugins to make me sound analog! What an expensive way to get back at Apple. Buying Apogee would have been cheaper.
Don't forget. Apple is super rich. What if they decide to create a dedicated large format controller for Logic. Start uploading proof videos like cakewalk. Yamaha has already started in secrecy i believe. Roland is no slouch with Cakewalk. Mmmmn! Who is going to buy the euphonix stuff that has not already? Heck it already support pro tools. In my travels i have yet to see any pro tools user using it as their choice console. You could have even spent your money developing a more powerful dsp card for around $2000. UA did it. Look how fast they are growing. Who do you think will make more money? Pro tools HD or Uad-2?

http://www.myspace.com/waynedawkins
http://www.audiosparx.com/waynedawkins
Old 05-06-2010, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Avid acquiring Euphonix.

Well, this is not fresh news. You could find many threads about this already.

Imho it was a very smart move from avid. Hope we will soon see something special