How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2022, 04:50 AM

Default Protools Perpetual Education licence to Full licence conversion

Hello world!

A friend of mine want to sell his ProTools Studio Perpetual Education licence, after a bit of info digging I came across this sentence: "EDU Products are not eligible for Transfert of Ownership.".
Meaning there's no way to transfert the licence by submitting a case with an ASC, neither it is possible to transfert via iLok Licence Manager as I came across a case (on duc.avid) where someone tried to do it this way and the buyer encountered problems with his newly purchased licence.
(Tell me if i'm wrong there and that people successfully transferred their Edu licence via iLok Licence Manager.)

Now I was wondering:
A post in Avid Knowledge Base regarding 'Education to Full Licence Conversion' for Media Composer, said clearly that if you're purchasing an annual upgrade plan IF you're no longer eligible for Education Princing, this newly purchased plan upgrade your Education Licence to a Full Licence.

Does this apply to Protools as well?
And, if it is, can this licence be transferred by submitting a case with an ASC?

Kind regards,

Yann.D.
Old 09-07-2022, 06:44 AM

Default Re: Protools Perpetual Education licence to Full licence conversion.

Thats right!

EDU licenses are not transferable due to the fact they are reduced in price for students and teachers so you will need to get a normal non EDU license instead.

If you have a EDU license and are finished with your education you can make it a normal PT version with an upgrade but you can’t buy an EDU and do that. You need to have that license from new.

Look around here in buy and sell as licenses come up quite often for good prices that are transferable and no problems when you buy them.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-07-2022, 09:43 AM

Alright, so my friend has an EDU licence, he's finished with his education now so if he buys an upgrade plan (normal pricing) can he now sell his licence? As it is now considered a normal PT version.

Thank you very much for your reply!

Yann.D.
Old 09-08-2022, 11:25 AM

Ask them to check for a GET CURRENT upgrade in the pop-up for their Pro Tools Studio in my.avid.com/products, otherwise they can purchase this Upgrade from a reseller.

See avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/FAQ/FAQs-1-Year-Upgrade-with-Software-Updates-Support-Plan for more info.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg expired PT EDU with GET CURRENT Upgrade option.jpg (26.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-26-2023, 10:21 PM
Banned

Default Re: Protools Perpetual Education licence to Full licence conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGoose View Post
Hello world!

A friend of mine want to sell his ProTools Studio Perpetual Education licence, after a bit of info digging I came across this sentence: "EDU Products are not eligible for Transfert of Ownership.".
Meaning there's no way to transfert the licence by submitting a case with an ASC, neither it is possible to transfert via iLok Licence Manager as I came across a case (on duc.avid) where someone tried to do it this way and the buyer encountered problems with his newly purchased licence.
(Tell me if i'm wrong there and that people successfully transferred their Edu licence via iLok Licence Manager.)

Now I was wondering:
A post in Avid Knowledge Base regarding 'Education to Full Licence Conversion' for Media Composer, said clearly that if you're purchasing an annual upgrade plan IF you're no longer eligible for Education Princing, this newly purchased plan upgrade your Education Licence to a Full Licence.
My search for guidance on crafting a literature review for my research paper led to a serendipitous discovery. On a website dedicated to academic resources, I stumbled upon Research Guide a comprehensive manual that unfolded the art of writing an exemplary literature review. The guide elucidated the purpose and significance of this critical section, offering step-by-step instructions on structuring and organizing the review. Armed with this newfound knowledge, I am now equipped to present a well-structured literature review that adds depth and credibility to my research.
And, if it is, can this licence be transferred by submitting a case with an ASC?

Kind regards,

Yann.D.
I tried to pass on the license, but only wasted my time, so I don't recommend it.

Last edited by Galob; 07-27-2023 at 06:52 AM.
Old 08-23-2023, 11:56 AM
SPAM

Default Re: Protools Perpetual Education licence to Full licence conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGoose View Post
Hello world!

Now I was wondering:
A post in Avid Knowledge Base regarding 'Education to Full Licence Conversion' for Media Composer, said clearly that if you're purchasing an annual upgrade plan IF you're no longer eligible for Education Princing, this newly purchased plan upgrade your Education Licence to a Full Licence. It's time to spill the beans on my secret to consistently achieving excellent grades. I found a website where I can hire expert essay writers, and it has been a game-changer. These nursing writers professionals possess in-depth knowledge and writing skills that have significantly improved my academic performance.

Kind regards,

Yann.D.
Thank you so much for telling me about it. It's really important right now.