Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2022, 03:52 PM

Default Native Instruments plug ins crash when I open them in Pro Tools

About 90% of my NI plug ins crash and close pro tools when I try to use them in a session. PT will open and run fine, until I try to open a native instruments plug in. I currently use a Macbook Pro w/ 8GB memory, 500 GB SSD. My DAW is Pro Tools version 2021.10.10 and UAD apollo Twin X. I've uninstalled/ reinstalled the NI plug ins and the NI application, multiple times. Some of the plug ins run fine in my DAW but very few out to the hundreds of plug-ins I've uploaded. I'm planning on purchasing a desktop computer with more RAM and storage, but any tips on how I can get my plug ins running before then?
UAD Apollo Twin
Old 09-01-2022, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Native Instruments plug ins crash when I open them in Pro Tools

Well 8GB of memory is underspec, wether that is causing a problem who knows. You can try watching macOS's Activity Monitor "memory pressure" chart on the memory page, if that's red or amber for much time you have problems. Ignore stuff like "free memory" which does not tell you useful things.

We don't know what exact error you are getting/what exactly happens?

We don't know what exact Mac you have, what about an actual model date name/model code or EMC number? A 2019 M1 13" MacBook Pro????

Running 2021.10 on Monterey... an unsupported configuration... why are you doing that?
https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...tibility-Chart

What exact versions of NI plugins are you installing? Does NI claim that version is supported on Pro Tools on Monterey? Any restrictions on versions of Pro Tools?

There seems to be lots of posts on the Web about NI plugin problems on recent Macs, have you Googled for NI/Pro Tools plugin issues on recent Macs? Checked in on NI forums there or with NI support?

What troubleshooting have you tried? Start at "Help us Help You" up the top of every DUC web page. Trashing prefs? Test from a new Admin account, etc. lots of standard stuff to try.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 09-01-2022 at 05:51 PM.