Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 10-28-2021, 08:34 AM

Default Auto Align Post Update!! Great Improvement in your Dialog

This Update makes your Dialog sound amazing! Watch the video!
https://www.soundradix.com/products/auto-align-post/
IMDB http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0401937/
Like everything in life, there are no guarantees just opportunities.
Old 10-29-2021, 06:12 AM

Default Re: Auto Align Post Update!! Great Improvement in your Dialog

Thanks for posting Marti.

At a different level, I´m looking for a similar tool, but to align localization ADR in foreign language to the original, which is usually english. Basically, to sync start and stop phrases at the same time of the original language, using stretch without changing the pitch.

What would you recommend, besides Revoice Pro or Vocal Align Ultra? I need to make a practical comparison and are looking for more choices to test before buy. Any ideas? Thanks!

Paulo M

MAC Studio MAX M1_64 GB RAM_1TB SSD_MAC OS Ventura

Protools Studio 2024.3
Old 10-29-2021, 06:28 AM

Paulo - I am in the market for such a tool as well! :)
Just line up start and ends and leave the rest!
Mac 16 Core 7,1 -Os 10.15.7 - 96 gb Ram - Pro Tools 2022.6 Ultimate in 5 suites - MTRX Studio -S6 26-5-D - Sync HD - Video Satelite (Symphony 2022.5, AJA Kona 3g) Pro Protools 2022.6 Vanilla in 21 x Recording and Edit suites. Mac 6,1 Mac Mini, Mac Mini M1, Mac Studio Pro, Mac Studio Max
Mediacomposer 2021.12 on AJA Kona 3g / XT I/O x 3 suites. Multiple Avid S1, S3 & Docks
Old 10-29-2021, 06:36 AM

Thanks Marti, this looks like a really impressive development. From their email I thought ARA was the big new feature so I half ignored it until I watched the video.

Makes me wonder. Mixing two mics that are corrected for phase shift and rotation - seems like the EQ should be done on the combined signal right? Up until now I would still do it on the source tracks unless I heard phase issues from filtering. Then I would do it on my reassign. Makes me think I need a new template to facilitate that easier.
Old 10-31-2021, 04:54 AM

Been using this since its release and it's great!
A big improvement on the original, which was pretty good anyway.
Old 10-31-2021, 12:49 PM

Curious as to how this would work without destroying the cadence and meaning of the foreign language?
Mac M1 Studio Ultra 64GB RAM OSX 13.6, PT Ultimate 2023.12 HDn, MTRX Studio, 2x Avid S1, PT Dock...
Old 10-31-2021, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless Erik View Post
Curious as to how this would work without destroying the cadence and meaning of the foreign language?

If you can understand the cadence and meaning of foreign language recorded with a boom microphone... aligning a lav microphone to that boom microphone isn't going to change that. If anything, I imagine the cadence and meaning will become clearer when mixing both boom and lav together after using auto align post.

It isn't the cadence and meaning that changes. It is just the phase relationships of one signal against another.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 11-07-2021, 10:46 PM

Bought an update from my AAP v1.
While I am happy to contribute and support a great domestic company which made a difference in how we work with dialogue tracks today....I can't notice the difference between those two versions

Sound Designer
/ mixer
www.goorevich.com

PT HD⎪N v2024.3 Ultimate ● macOS Ventura 13.6.3
MacPro 7.1 (2019) 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W 16-Core ● 96 GB RAM
MTRX Studio + DADman 5.7.0.1 + MOM ● Sync HD ● AJA Kona LHi referenced by AJA GEN10 ● D-Command ES24
Old 11-08-2021, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoorevich View Post
Bought an update from my AAP v1.
While I am happy to contribute and support a great domestic company which made a difference in how we work with dialogue tracks today....I can't notice the difference between those two versions
Wait till you get some tracks recorded with a Schoeps SuperCMIT. That thing does some crazy stuff to the phase which in the past had to be compensated with a custom impulse response to fix the different frequency dependent group delays (available on the Schoeps website).

It was almost impossible to align those tracks in the old days. because the phase was different in the lows and highs. I guess that's the main reason for the new version improvement.
Old 11-08-2021, 03:16 AM

Aaarrgh!
Don't mention the SuperCMIT.
I mixed a film recorded on that and as well as the phase issues the noise floor was terrible and most of this film was outdoors!
The Sound Recordist involved sent it back and went back to the ordinary CMIT's which are great.
I don't know if they have improved it since, but I would not go near it again after that experience.