Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2006, 02:36 AM

Default Mbox2 --- buffer + Core Audio + Video playback ?

hello,

i bought an mbox2 a couple of days ago to work on school projects (video). i installed protools and it works, i can open sessions, do stuff, BUT, i have to set my buffer to 2048 to get a good track count/plugin use. now the big problem starts when i load in a video. just 1 verry small movie and the stereo soundfiles are to 'much' for my mac to handle... i have to put the buffer to 2048 to start playing the session, and even then it will stop after a couple of seconds.

i bought the mac last friday and formatted the hard drives to have a fresh start. the only program installed is protools. the mac is a bit 'old' but know it is capable of handeling medium video projects. its a:

G4 MDD Dual 1GHz
1.75 GB DDR SDRAM
2 HD's (2X 120GB) --> one system drive and one media drive.
there where PCI cards in the mac, but i took them out to check protools.

i did everything listed on the DUC to get it to work, reinstalled protools (4X), reinstalled mac OS 10.4, ...

there is something strange about my problems. i think the are related to a digi coreaudio problem. when i open the manager it says 'unsupported hardware', but prolools works! in my system prefs i can choose the mbox2, i can listen to music with the mbox, ... BUT it freak out a verry simple video task...

i dont know what to do to get it to work. any help would be verry nice! i search all over the net and read some french forum with related problems, but no solution...

thanks alot in advance,

xerox