Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-19-2014, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Can't hear track I'm recording on but can hear all others

The routing works for playback just fine. As soon as I've recorded something, it plays back fine. I've checked every setting in the MBox Pro control panel.

I don't know what LLM means . . . ?

Its got to be a setting in Pro Tools 11 that enables me to monitor simultaneous record and playback. Cubase has such a setting. Toggling back and forth between Auto Input Monitoring and Input Only Monitoring doesn't change it. I don't see it have any effect at all in fact.

I've gone through Preferences exhaustively.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:27 AM

Could it be a setting having to do with Punch In?
Old 03-19-2014, 10:33 AM

So LLM is low latency monitoring i suppose. "If your Core Audio or ASIO hardware does not have a built-in mixer, Low Latency Monitoring does not function. If you do enable Low Latency Monitoring with such hardware, monitoring will not be available for record-enable tracks i Pro Tools."

Wow, solved. It was the LLM. I unchecked Options - Low Latency Monitoring" and wham, I hear everything.

I love this forum. You guys are the best. Thanks so much. If you ever need any legal information, don't hesitate to send me a private message. Free of course!

Dusty
Old 03-19-2014, 10:38 AM

And you have turned the mix knob, correct?

Edit: I see you have solved it, Great.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-20-2014, 08:10 AM

It turned out to be a simple click - turning off Low Latency Monitoring. My mixer couldn't support it. The manual warned about it. Thanks for the help!
Old 03-24-2014, 04:42 PM
Focusrite

If I understand you guys correctly you wish to hear both the previously recorded track of that instrument and the Input at the same time?

To do this just create a second new track.

On a single track you have to choose either Input or Playback to hear. You cannot hear the Input and Playback on a single track at the same time.

You must create a second track to do this. Then you can stack them in Playlists or edit them how you wish later.

http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/
Old 01-30-2016, 12:21 AM

You need to disable LLM as mentioned by SKI^

In Pro Tools click on Options then make sure there is not a check mark next to Low Latency Monitoring...
Old 03-03-2016, 08:54 AM

I Was fighting an issue like this and found the solution.

My setup:
osx, PT 12, MBOX Pro (3)

What I wanted:
Monitor the incoming audio on the record enabled track, without using input-only monitoring.
Hear the audio on any other tracks previously recorded.

We often use Pro Tools as a glorious effects loop. We play audio from a computer (let's say off of youtube) and route that through a mixer into pro tools. The "live" track has some EQ, dynamic compressor, etc. Then the output of pro tools goes to a third computer which is recording it in real time.

We do this because we don't need to edit it later, we just want to run some compression or slight EQ.

The solution:
Go into Pro Tools main menu
Select Preferences
Select Operation Tab
In record section:
UNCHECK "Mute Record-Armed Tracks while Stopped".

Hope this helps!
Old 12-14-2022, 10:34 AM

I'm having the exact same issue.

In all my other projects, when I create a track, I can hear it on Record and Playback.

In this specific projects, it doesn't matter if I just created the tracked...I've done everything referenced in here 3 times, I can't hear my track on record. I hear everything else and it plays back just fine, but I cannot, no matter what I do, hear it on record.

It's not Low Latency monitoring, it's not my 2i2, it's not Alt+K, it's not the track, it's not the input, send, or outputs, it's not punch in, anything like that...it's something else entirely and it's driving me nuts, moreso that no one can seem to figure it out. I can't find any setting that I can change so far to make it available...it's crazy.

Anyway, just know you're not alone and there doesn't seem to be an answer. My recommendation is that you check or do a new project, see if it carries over to different/new projects. If so, there is something more going down on your end than on mine as mine is isolated to this specific project.

If it's not impacting your other projects, I recommend you download the tracks that do work, and upload them to a new project so that you can delete the broken project.
Old 12-14-2022, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Brizzi View Post
I'm having the exact same issue.

In all my other projects, when I create a track, I can hear it on Record and Playback.

In this specific projects, it doesn't matter if I just created the tracked...I've done everything referenced in here 3 times, I can't hear my track on record. I hear everything else and it plays back just fine, but I cannot, no matter what I do, hear it on record.

It's not Low Latency monitoring, it's not my 2i2, it's not Alt+K, it's not the track, it's not the input, send, or outputs, it's not punch in, anything like that...it's something else entirely and it's driving me nuts, moreso that no one can seem to figure it out. I can't find any setting that I can change so far to make it available...it's crazy.

Anyway, just know you're not alone and there doesn't seem to be an answer. My recommendation is that you check or do a new project, see if it carries over to different/new projects. If so, there is something more going down on your end than on mine as mine is isolated to this specific project.

If it's not impacting your other projects, I recommend you download the tracks that do work, and upload them to a new project so that you can delete the broken project.
Please don't spam onto other threads saying stuff like this. It's just casting noise across DUC and helps nobody.

There very much likely *is* an answer if you focus on clearly describing your problem, your setup and asking for help.

In future you should start a new thread and describe your setup clearly and what you have tried. What track type? What interface? Post screenshots of the Setup>IO pages. Most basic stuff... not only what do you hear/when but what exactly are track and master fader meters doing? (put track meters in pre-fader while tracking, check post-fader on playback). Do you have record/playback faders split? What standard troubleshooting have you tried? Trashed prefs? etc. What exactly are you recording? Are you punching in/using quick-punch? How are you monitoring? Software or hardware? Are you using LLM? Are you monitoring through sends? Anything you don't understand look up in the reference guide PDF.

"project" or session? If you are working on cloud projects that is the first thing to get off of, use good stable proven sessions like effectively everybody else.

I am not sure who exactly you are replying to here or why you are posting on an 6 to 8 year old thread, especially where most folks seem to have worked out in their case the problem *was* LLM/not understanding LLM. And behavior with LLM selected depends on interface mixer/hardware support. Support for track input monitoring in current versions of Pro Tools make some of the other advice on input monitoring in these old threads no longer relevant.

If you want help here please start a new thread, try to provide as much info as you can, and delete your post here.