How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2014, 10:58 AM

Default Eleven Rack firmware 2.0.1 unstability

Hi,

I have an Eleven Rack running on firmware 2.0.1, and are experiencing some unstability issues. What typically will happen from time to time is that when I tweak a preset by adjusting some effect (reverb, EQ, or something), the sound suddenly changes dramatically (to a kind of harsh, high frequency, distorted type of sound, hard to explain exactly), and when I return the parameter I adjusted back to its original value sound don't return to normal. Even when I later on change to another preset, the sound is still harsh (in lack of a better word for it). The only way to get back to the original preset sounds is to reboot the Eleven Rack.

Needless to say, this is really annoying. When I gigged with the Eleven Rack I made sure not to adjust any presets in fear of it going harsh again during the show.

There was a particular effect (think it was a reverb or EQ) that I could tweak to recreate the issue, but unfortunately didn't make not of it and now I have forgotten. But the issue keeps bugging me from time to time when I tweak the presets. When I just power up the Eleven Rack and play, and don't tweak any presets, I don't seem to get hit by this bug.

Have anyone else here experienced this? I really love the Eleven Rack, but it I can't fix this issue I won't be able to trust it in live situations, and will have to replace it with something else.

Best regards,
kenneho
Old 03-08-2014, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack firmware 2.0.1 unstability

Never experience a bug with Reverb or EQ, but there is a bug with the Dyn Comp.

Not sure what to tell you..... have you tried doing a factory reset? Backup your presets first!

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 03-09-2014, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
Never experience a bug with Reverb or EQ, but there is a bug with the Dyn Comp.

Not sure what to tell you..... have you tried doing a factory reset? Backup your presets first!
It might be the Dyn Comp that I've had issues with, not reverb or EQ. Do you have (link to) info on what triggers the bug?
Old 03-10-2014, 03:57 PM

I'm guessing what you're experiencing is sample rate changing. Usually that happens to me when I have my SPDIF connected to my audio interface that's also connected to the computer. When pro tools load just it picks up the wrong sample rate from the other audio card due to SPDIF connection. I simply switch the sample rate back to 48khz.
I doubt that this will happen at a gig if you're not connected to a computer. I wouldn't call this a bug as it's probably a bug with my other audio interface driver.