Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2012, 04:10 AM

Default Syncing 70-80 BPM acapellas to 124+BPM beats?

Hello everyone, my name is Niko, and obviously I'm new here. I'm also fairly new to using DAWs. I've started school back in January for audio engineering (just got out of the Navy), and I've taken a Digital Audio 1 class this past quarter of school. Of course, we were using Pro Tools as the medium in the class. I've gotten the hang of most of the basics, but I'm still trying to get around the curve and improve...which at this rate, it might take a while.

Anyways, the point is, I was wondering how do I go about syncing acapellas to tracks. More specifically, acapellas that are in the range of 70-80 BPM to 120+ BPM. I was wanting to experiment and make my first mashup track by using the acapella of "Stellar" by Incubus and syncing it to the beat of "Nicktim" by Avicii and Nicky Romero. I didn't want to make the acapella sound like it was high-pitched or royally screw it up somehow. I've found a couple of topics regarding this subject, but it really didn't help that much. Then again, I'm indeed a colossal n00b at this.

Thank you for your help! I also didn't know if this was the correct forum to post this in or not, so I apologize if it is in the wrong forum.