Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 10-07-2010, 07:12 AM

Default file reading metadata by mistake

Sometimes when I am working very fast, I hit a combo of keys, I think it is command click on a region file and this cause PT to read the metadata for that region file. This takes a long time (I know it is my mistake by hitting the wrong key) but I wonder if this could be disabled as a preference. In the end, most of the metadata that is read ends up saying "assertion error altura etc.etc." This errors appears to be because the original drive where the OMF file came from is no longer connected to the system.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:28 AM

Default Re: file reading metadata by mistake

I hate that too. Sometimes Pro Tools does not process the keys and modifiers correctly when you are working fast, it thinks you hit the magic combo when you really did not. (I'm not in front of my machine, maybe it is option-click a region.) Slower machines exhibit the problem more than fast Intels.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=267700

I have put in a feature request for it a long time ago and I know others have also. Large sessions with 10,000+ files can take a long time to process. Meanwhile there is no way to stop it.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:36 AM

Default Re: file reading metadata by mistake

I´ve hade it a habit to right-click on a region after I fire up my project in the morning. At least it prevents me from unintentionally doing it when the director is next to me ;-)

frank.