Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2006, 12:32 PM

Default Starting to print mixes inside Pro Tools...

I've just recently (with a new project I've started)to print my mixes inside of Pro Tools because of the nature of my setup at home. I've used a Masterlink for a while and now that I'm switching over to printing inside PT I'm running into a little problem.

I cannot for the life of me get my track to not clip like crazy. I've got got a stereo audio track setup with it's In Bus 1-2 out Analog 1-2 and all the tracks Outs set to Bus 1-2.

The printed mixes waveform is all over the board, very peaky. I have the stereo audio track at unity and my master at -10. The strange this is when I play back the mix in PT the master and the stereo audio track aren't clipping but the waveform is obviously clipped fairly badly. When I listen back I'm fairly positive I hear distortion on my stereo (this project is a fairly heavy rock band so it is a little hard to tell).

Any help would GREAT. Thank you.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Starting to print mixes inside Pro Tools...

If you're bussing everything to an audio track, your master fader lowers the output to the speakers, but won't keep you from overloading the input to the audio track where you're printing your mix.

Quote:
I've just recently (with a new project I've started)to print my mixes inside of Pro Tools because of the nature of my setup at home. I've used a Masterlink for a while and now that I'm switching over to printing inside PT I'm running into a little problem.

I cannot for the life of me get my track to not clip like crazy. I've got got a stereo audio track setup with it's In Bus 1-2 out Analog 1-2 and all the tracks Outs set to Bus 1-2.

The printed mixes waveform is all over the board, very peaky. I have the stereo audio track at unity and my master at -10. The strange this is when I play back the mix in PT the master and the stereo audio track aren't clipping but the waveform is obviously clipped fairly badly. When I listen back I'm fairly positive I hear distortion on my stereo (this project is a fairly heavy rock band so it is a little hard to tell).

Any help would GREAT. Thank you.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:16 PM

Thank you for your response, however could you give me a little more direction on how to fix the problem? Thanks!
Old 01-24-2006, 03:25 PM

Is your master fader controlling B1-2 also or is is still set to analog 1-2?
Old 01-24-2006, 05:45 PM

Ahhhh the Master is still set to A 1-2, changing it to B 1-2 would make a huge difference I'm sure...

Anyone else have other ways they do this?