Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2013, 06:59 PM

Default "Mbox DEMO" driver, how can I get rid of it?

Hey! I've been using the original Mbox for a while (old, I know) and its been working fine... I'm running it on OSX 10.6.8...Recently I was trying to find the output drivers for it, so I went on a (now regrettable) downloading spree of every driver I could find until I found it... I cant remember which download it was exactly, but the driver that shows up in output/input is "Mbox Demo"

When ever I click on my original input/output driver(Digidesign HW : Mbox), I get this error message : "The audio device “Digidesign HW ( MBox )” has been disconnected!"
After I click "Cancel" I get this message : "Error code 25974 was returned by the Audio driver."

So, only the "Mbox DEMO" driver is usable.

The problem with that is that a loud beeping sound is emitted every 30 seconds or so, and it transfers over into the recorded audio.

I've searched my computer for the "Mbox DEMO" drivers, and I cant find them...Is there any way to get rid of it and reinstall my old driver?

Thanks a ton in advance,
True
Old 01-05-2013, 01:18 PM

Default Re: "Mbox DEMO" driver, how can I get rid of it?

Also, whenever I re-connect the Mbox I think the computer is recognizing the interface itself as "Mbox Demo"

At least thats what garageband and protools calls it whenever I connect it.
I think maybe the device itself synced with the demo driver and in turn is making the computer recognize the device itself as a "demo"?

PLEASE help me.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:29 AM

Would love the answer to this too - I had the digidesign Mbox collecting dust and wanted to use it, much more portable than my FastTrach Ultra 8 R

I too get a dang BEEP when using that driver - and it says DEMO - so how do you get rid of it - ANYONE? I want to use the Mbox with garageband and not have a beep

good luck to both of us
Old 02-09-2013, 07:20 AM

I don't know if this helps:

I had my mbox1 beep like that for a few weeks last year.
But that was because I had installed a generic usb-audio-interface driver that WAS a demo. This was, as far as I could tell, the only way to use the mbox on lion.

I found it to be worth the 49 dollars so I bought it and got rid of the beep.

I found it here:
http://www.usb-audio.com
Old 02-09-2013, 07:40 AM

Also, I can't tell you what the driver's called and where to find it on your mac, but I do have the uninstaller:
iCloud link:
http://cl.ly/3S3x3v3d1t0M
Old 02-09-2013, 08:28 AM

Found it:
HD/Library/Audio/plugins/Components/