Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 05-23-2022, 08:26 AM

Default Dock Footpedal for Talkback in DADman

EuControl 2022.4.0.78
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.7
2019 MacBook Pro
Mojave 10.14.6
HDX/Sonnet Echo III-D (TB2)
MTRX Studio
3 x S1 + Dock/iPad.

I figured I'd start a new thread instead of hijacking the other foot pedal thread, as it's a different topic. I have a foot pedal setup and working well to control talkback in DADman. I have the EuCon Assign page setup with DADman locked to the Monitor and Control Room section and Pro Tools locked to the Entire Surface and Transport sections.

When Pro Tools is launched, the foot pedal works to control talkback regardless of the application in focus. However, when Pro Tools isn't launched, the foot pedal only works to control talkback when DADman is in focus. This definitely isn't a dealbreaker, but is definitely annoying when I'm doing Zoom calls, etc.
Old 05-23-2022, 08:47 AM

Default Re: Dock Footpedal for Talkback in DADman

Where is the footpedal plugged in?
If it is plugged into any of the Eucon surfaces, move it to the MTRX Studio itself
Old 05-23-2022, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Where is the footpedal plugged in?
If it is plugged into any of the Eucon surfaces, move it to the MTRX Studio itself
Good thought! It's plugged in to the Dock currently. I'll have to check and see if it will reach over to the MTRX Studio. Of course I could wire up an extension pretty easily, but it seems like this should work via EuCon, and the fact that it only doesn't work when Pro Tools isn't launched seems like a bug.

Like I said, it's not really a huge dealbreaker, I can just make sure that Proi Tools is launched when I'm doing calls, etc. But it could be a bug that might get fixed in an update.
Old 05-24-2022, 07:33 AM
Avid

Sounds like a bug, I'll get QA to look into it.
Old 05-24-2022, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Sounds like a bug, I'll get QA to look into it.
Thanks Eddie!! Much appreciated.
Let me know if you need any more info, or if you'd like to me start a support case.

In the meantime, an easy workaround is to just have PT launched in the background.