Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6

Old 10-24-2021, 11:43 AM

Default Banking buttons always jump to first tracks

Hi folks,

I am currently mixing on an S6 again after a while and might be missing new you options or settings, but it feels like a bug.

When using the banking arrow buttons to move around and the currently auto banked layout from attention tracks or whatever, justification left of master module, the complete bored always jumps to show tracks at the top of the edit window.
I remember I used to be able two auto attention to tracks I was editing, and manually bank nudge a few tracks over to quickly mix over what I was editing.

Any ideas what I might have configured wrongly?
Thanks for your time helping!
Best, Andrew
Old 10-24-2021, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Banking buttons always jump to first tracks

Just to clarify, nudging the left and right spill zones with the banking buttons works. It's the the non spill zone part that keeps jumping when trying to bank.
Old 10-25-2021, 05:50 AM
Avid

Greetings,

Is it the orientation or justification of the Bankable channels on the desk that are not showing up were you would expect? What do you currently have your Bank Justification Mode (Settings > User) set to?

It sounds like you might have enabled Auto-Bank to Track Mode - yes? If so, this could always bank or sometimes bank (relative to the preference above) whether the desired track is already on the desk or not.

Try toggling off Auto-Bank to Attentioned Track (Tracks > Local Options) as well as Auto-Bank to Track Mode (Settings > User) and let me know if you achieve what you are looking for.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 10-26-2021, 02:45 AM

Thanks Jeff for chiming in.

I'm not at the desk today, however I have justification set to "left of mastermodule".
Actually I *want* it to auto-bank to the track I am editing in, and then if I do a quick pass be able to nudge the tracks to include others around.
It is set to "always", not just "only if not visible".

What does "Auto-Bank to Track Mode" do? This sounds like a fairly recent (recent being relative...) feature?

Will try this next time, thanks!